VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending decision before C&P???

Rate this question

2NDMARDIVDOC

Question

Hello and thank you in advance. I'm pretty confused on what is happinging with my claim. A month ago I filed a FDC for PTSD, a bladder condition and a shoulder condition. I submitted quite a bit of medical evidence for all of them as well as a completed DBQ from my private psych doc for the PTSD clam. Within a week enenefits changed from received to gathering evidence to pending decision approval. At no point did the VA order me any C&P exams yet the claim went through all those phases. Then today I get a call from the VA trying to schedule me for a C&P for the bladder and shoulder. My question is if they could grant my PTSD and start paying me before they get the exams back on the other 2 issues?? I just can't understand why ebenefits would say pending decision approval otherwise. Any knowledgeable info is  appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Berta said:

One of the BVA decisions I posted here for you somewhere----dont know what topic it was in, 

revealed that Yes "overactive bladder" ,documented in your SMRS, does not have to be related to any other condition. 

I am not a doctor so I cannot say whether it could be related to the epididymitis.

You problem is not the service nexus, in my opinion, it is if your evidence fits into the rating schedule criteria.

Thank you! If by "evidence fits into rating criteria" you mean are my documented symptoms in line with the requirements needed to compensate for overactive bladder, than yes. I have compared my service documented symptoms as well as all follow up apt documentation and it falls in line with the 40% rating schedule. I was just confused because in the original denial letter back from 02 the VA admitted that it was dx'd in service, that I was treated and medicated for it yet they claim that the preponderance of evidence was not in my favor. That is whey I filed the CUE. I don't know how at a VERY MIN that it wouldn't fall on the benefit of the doubt law.  All evidence submitted showed it was an in-service condition.

Edited by 2NDMARDIVDOC