VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First voc rehab apt

Rate this question

JA_KE

Question

Hi everyone! Been looking online but havent found my answer so I thought I would post here. 

I have my first appointment next week and I am currently in college with about two years left. My problem is going to be that I am a physics major and more than likely the only way to be sought after will be to go to grad school. My question is if I am accepted to the Voc Rehab program will they  allow me to change my major or will they try to find me a job with my current skills from the air force? I am 20% and honorable discharge 2008. Thanks again for all the info.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Are you currently receiving GI Bill Benefits for school?

When I attended my 1st VR (2013) appointment, the Councilor had a printout of what GI Bill education Benefits I had used back in the 70's and what I still had remaining. Expect that to be addressed at your 1st appointment.

Your VRC will address all your issues & questions, better to wait to get the "Current" information from your VRC.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

I thought so too EODCMC

I had used all my educational allowance 3 years after I got out.

this was back in 75...Ok I since filed another claim in 2015 and was awarded

they sent me new educational allowance packet with my new award

so maybe  the education allowance starts over with a new claim?

If its an old award maybe the 10 years status....is legit

I think if a veteran wants to go back to school   the VA will help out...maybe some special clauses or special forms to fill out.

EOD & Buck, I thought the same but my VRC had the printout and before we decided I wasn't going back to finish my degree, he was talking about using up the remainder. I had used 18 mos for OJT Training back in 74. He indicated that I still had 24+ mos available.

67, going back to University, NFL! Decided to withdraw from VR program. VRC mentioned the Voc Reh Denial letter, kick myself in the ass for not taking it when he offered it. Went back about 6 mos later, had to see a New VRC, 2 weeks later had the Denial Letter. Used the Denial Letter to get a DRO Hearing Award of IU T & P No Fut Exams on 6/29/14.

JA, your 1st VR Appointment is next week, we expect a REPORT ASAP.

Semper Fi