VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Information on what forms to send in?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Anybody know if VA has a ''pamplet'' to pin-point what forms to send in for new claims or increase ,NOD's ect,,ect,,

Depending on what your claiming/filing on

21-526 ez Claims form & 21-4138 NOD & DBQ correct forms for the disability your claiming  ect,,,ect,,,

As I understand it  if you use the VBMS or file electronically/or file paper snail mail   you basically need the correct forms that fit your claim  other wise they trash it or deny...so make sure you file the correct form.

My Advise would be file the 21-526 ez  this is the basic claim form. but its much safer if you use the correct form when filing your claim.

Remember when you send the VA anything be sure you type in black ink or use dark pencil/ink...everything is copied to the VBMS And place in your C-File...using type written or dark pencil/ink  assures the system will copy it.

Don't be set up for VA to deny your claim on some stupid bogus like this  they sure will if your not careful.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I dont think so.   I suggest you use google.  For example, if you did not know the TDIU application form number, search, "VA Form for Total Disability for Individual Enemployability download".  

I did so, and "poof" there is the pdf download for form 21-8940.   The VA does not want it to be simple for Vets to apply.  They want you to have to hire someone, and then for it to get messed up for 5 or more years.  

As I have explained, there is much incentive for VA to delay your claim.  We all know we dont live forever, and many claims die with the Vet.  Even if the Vet succeeds, the VA still gets an interest free loan from the Veteran.  They can then lend that money to other Veterans out at interest with a VA direct loan.  (VA direct loans come from VA, while many other VA loans do not.)  

Understand this:  While you are waiting for your benefits, the VA is loaning that money to another Veteran at interest.  

https://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp

For instance, type in 'Dependents' and VA Form 21-686c appears. (however 21-0538 does not ... )

Not sure that even close to fulfilling what you asked for, but it's better than nothing. The M21 is online, but you basically have to know what you're looking for to find what you're looking for!

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes google the forms Information  is a great Ideal.

But make sure you send the VA the'' CORRECT'' forms  other wise they will trash them and you be waiting in the long appeals line , That is my point.