VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IDES / FEDERAL TECHNICIAN Air National Guard

Rate this question

Ronnie1966

Question

Hello fellow brothers and sisters,

Anybody know of a good Lawyer in lower NY (Long Island area) for VA Claims also knowledgeable about dual status Technicians (Air National Guard) being medically discharged/retired? Currently in IDES status for a LOD injury and feel I'm being rushed out and just want to ensure I have due process and receive any and all benefits I'm entitled to prior to separation.

4 answers to this question

Lots of info in this forum:

http://www.pebforum.com/site/threads/air-national-guard-medical-retirement.8663/

Do you have access to a PEBLO ( PEB Liaison Officer)?

Others will chime in but do not leave the NG without a complete copy of your SMRs,make sure the discharge Certificate is correct, and also make sure you have contact info for anyone you might need a buddy statement from.

Thank you for your reply and supplied information. I have been assigned a PEBLO but my VA rep is useless, never answers his phone or replies to my emails. I'm  early in the process but trying to be proactive to try and prevent any appeals or catch any snafu's before I'm discharged. I've reviewed my information via Ebenefits and My HealtVet and honestly the documentation is all jacked up (full of incorrect information) and haven't even seen copies of my C&P Exams yet. I've been screwed by my base with Leave w/o pay status while recovering from surgery, almost lost my house, in jeopardy of losing my security clearance for personal financial reasons and I cant seem to get any straight answers from anybody locally. It is a severely infuriating situation causing anxiety and bad mental health thoughts/issues.

Did you have C & Ps for everything you are claiming? Were the C & Ps done at a VAMC or farmed out to QTC or somewhere else?

You need to hang in there.........I am glad you found a PEBLO....they arent that easy to find and many of us have had vet reps who are "useless".

You are the best rep you will ever have.

What incorrect info is at ebenefits? Claims can really be difficult to follow there.

You might be able to correct this at IRIS---if it is serious wrong info...

IRIS....go to www.va.gov, Click on the contact Us thing and then on Ask a question, and tell them what is incorrect at ebenefits......

Ask for a email reply---by phone they can say anything....

Do you have a copy of the LOD yet? Or is that still in progress.

Claims take time....I hope you can weather the storm...financially.

I want to add to what Ms. Berta said... the VA will not do the right thing most of the time.  Do not make the mistake most of us have made at least once, by expecting them to actually do what they are supposed to. 

Not sure how this works, as far as being medically retired, but what way were you notified that this was going to happen? Any documents/letters that you received stating what the reason is for med retirement should be strong evidence for your claims. Quite simply, if your issue is severe enough to warrant being medically retired from the service, then it certainly proves the link for SC.

To reiterate what Berta said, please please please keep any and all letters and documents pertaining in any fashion way or form to your medical retirement.