VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Soc letter

Rate this question

Guest Dmncleaner

Question

Guest Dmncleaner

If my iu claim appeal was denied and i am just tired of fighting and dealing with the va, can i tell my lawyer i am done? If they want to appeal am i obligated to do so or can i give up? Thanks in advance

Edited by Dmncleaner

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes you can  or just wait a year  and your claim will close out.

But please think about it  give it some thought, if you have an Attorney helping you  let him do all the worrying and stress  this is what you pay him for.

You will eventually prevail never give up and let the VA Win , you deserve all your hard earned benefits.

We all know how stressful and frustrating fighting with the VA Can be, its bad on our health as well as our minds

However win you win & if you been in appeals a long long time, you will be givena large Rerto Payment and it sure could come in at a good time for you and your Family.

If you don't mind can you give us their reason & bases for your denial?

Maybe we can help you fight this.

I wish you the best Buddy.

take care

................Buck

Buck is right.

Many of us here have felt the same way.

But if a claimant gives up and the appeal period passes by....they might have a change of heart years down the road...and then they practically have to start from Day one again....and have lost any retro the initial claim could have provided.

You said IU claim.... do you get SSDI solely for SC conditions?

If so does the VA know that?

Has VA Voc Rehab ever turned you down solely for SCs, stating the SCs make Voc Rehab unfeasible?

These are both good pieces of evidence for IU but it could take a strong IMO,instead, or maybe they do have enough to award.

When you hit 70% what did they say as to TDIU potential, in the decision?

I assume they gave a reason for not considering TDIU and that is the reason your TDIU claim has to overcome.

Edited by Berta

Guest Dmncleaner

I was 70% percent for ptsd. I recieved a soc letter stating that my appeal was denied for iu  however It also stated an increase to 100% as of nov. 18th which is the date of my last exam. ( Moot point due to increase). So am i just waiting on an award letter or does the decision have to go through all the steps? I figured the decision to increase was made as stated in the soc letter.

Edited by Dmncleaner

• HadIt.com Elder

As Ms berta mention this is all good evidence.

about the only reason I can think of them denying  you the IU

is if your still working?...that will be a flat  out denial for IU.

If you get an increase for PTSD From 70% to 100%  then you actually don't need the IU....but a 100% PTSD Rating you can't work.

However be careful b/c the 100% rating could be Temp rating  unless they say you are P&T and no chance of improvement...but unfortunately VA thinks PTSD Can and will Improve.

Only a Suggestion  if your awarded 100%PTSD  stay in VA MH Treatment /Therapy.

Guest Dmncleaner

I havent worked in 3 years. They changed my illness from anxiety to ptsd in 2013 when i moved to denver. It may be that my dro in denver just now got to the reply and the denial was made before my nov18th exam here in knoxville. It was just sent out on the 29th. So maybe now that i am recognized as 100 the iu could go through? Or am i just shooting in the dark?

Edited by Dmncleaner

• HadIt.com Elder

I may not be understanding your question or if you was denied?

'' It may be that my dro in denver just now got to the reply and the denial was made before my nov18th exam here in knoxville. It was just sent out on the 29th. So maybe now that i am recognized as 100 the iu could go through? Or am i just shooting in the dark? ''

If your awarded 100%PTSD...Why would you want IU?

IU is basically used for veterans that can't do the work they were trained to do because of their S.C. Disability.

or only have a rating below the 100% but rated at 60% or up to 90%    and can't work b/c of their S.C. Disability.

Was you denied IU? Did you apply or Request IU? are you now Rated At 100% for PTSD?

I'm not sure I understand what your asking?