VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr. Noted a secondary condition in C&P Exam

Rate this question

saxman

Question

Hi Everybody,  I hope everyone is having a blessed holiday.

I had a C&P exam 6 weeks ago and the QTC office just sent it to the VA.  The doctor told me in the exam that my back condition is related to my service.  He went on to do another exam and found out that I have pain running down my legs from my lower back condition.  My question is if he noted on the exam he sends to the VA as secondary to my lower back condition do I have to do a separate claim for that condition?

Thanks for any replies!

• HadIt.com Elder

Go to the VBA (Veterans Benefits Administration) at your VAMC

Request a Copy of this exam.

they will have it or look it up in the computer.

I got my QTC exam report from QTC by fax   and also from the BVA, Also got the travel pay voucher from QTC by Fax.

Check your QTC Information packet for the fax #

If QTC says they don't have it  then check with the VBA And the travel pay office at your VAMC.

You can't really worry about what it says in ebenefits   if it says still gathering evidence   they just have not changed it yet..my claim was approved and I got my award packet in the mail...I checked e benefits after I got my packet  and it still said gathering evidence. so e benefits is not reliable...they just want us to worry  so don't let it bother you.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Great advice from Gastone.

armorer not sure what you mean?

''However, you are looking for agreement between the C&P examiner (M.D.) and the Rater (a Fed Professional.) I have not read any threads as to the probabilities of agreement in this case at Hadit yet''

Once a claim is RTR (Ready to rate) that's it either the veteran is approved or denied if denied or approved then he is sent information as to what to do & sent NOD form.

The appeals process begins with the claims process itself.  Once they make a decision on a claim - that is “rate” the claim - and inform the Veteran of the decision, the Veteran has one year from the date of our decision notification letter to file a Notice of Disagreement (NOD).21-0958

Veterans can get a copy of the C&P  Report usually within a week or 2 after the C&P Exam from the Contracting Company or from the VA ROI  or VBA.

The rater will add in his approval or denied  in his reasons and bases of the decision  ''What We Decided'' and include that in the decision packet and is sent to the veteran.

Edited by Buck52

Thanks Buck52 for your advice.  I'm going to make that trip to the VAMC and request a copy.. I do know that ebenefits is really never up to date.

I have had this happen to me.  During my C&P the examiner stated that I should file for my left shoulder (arthritis) because she saw it during my claim for my right shoulder.  The VA took xrays of both shoulders for comparison. 

I waited til my results came back on my right shoulder, which was  service connected, then I claimed (new claim secondary to) for my left shoulder with the with only the VA's own xray of my shoulder.  I did write in plain English that the C&P examiner suggested that I claim my left shoulder in my written statement.

I was service connected secondary my left shoulder 10% arthritis by xray.

Anyway, thats how it worked for me.

If your concerned about the start date, then you could just add more to your current claim, but I don't like gumming up the works and let my claims go to fruition before I start up again.  Which, by the way, must start working on my appeal.

Merry Christmas,

Hamslice

Hamslice- Once I get a copy of the exam and they finish processing my claim I will be filing that other claim if they don't add it to the one that's already being worked.  I too like to wait until they finish the claim they are working on because if you add anything to it, it will be processed as a regular claim instead of a FDC. 

I went to VBA yesterday and got QTC C&P exam notes :-)

LA  district office just got a whole new nicely furnished whole (2nd) floor - it was the first day it was opened, and had over 100 $1,000 leather chairs in waiting area. The rep just printed it off in the new interviewing office cube (about 12 glass cubes total linear). It took about 20 minutes total, but I was 3rd in line in morning when  VBA opened up at approx. 0750. 

They just ask what month you are asking about and print everything in QTC C&P notes section from that month to today (it's the ONLY place to get that information, period! Just wait about 6 weeks average.) I'd suggest a ride to the nearest State VBA center and arrive early 'before' they open. And don't bring a cluttered back pack: they may shot-gun it scrambling things up while delaying you too. I go about once a week and get Holiday cards from the Security Officers, ha ha, not really but I know most of them informally.

Edited by armorer