VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prep for notification before C&P??

Rate this question

2NDMARDIVDOC

Question

Today my ebenefits status changed to "prep for notification" as you know from my recent posts I claimed 3 conditions. Bladder (CUE, reopen) shoulder(new) and mental condition to include PTSD (reopen) I have 2 CP exams scheduled for 1-4-17 for the shoulder and bladder. I submitted a ton of evidence for the PTSD including a completed DBQ. Question is, if I haven't had the CP's yet how can they be at the notification process already? Is it possible they are notifying me of the PTSD decision and rating the other 2 later? Question 2, at what point will my disibities be updated on ebenefits? They haven't changed even with the prep of notification. All 3 still show as open claims. 

Edited by 2NDMARDIVDOC

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Is it possible they are notifying me of the PTSD decision and rating the other 2 later?" 

Yes...possible........Your PTSD medical evidence was enough N & M for a re open...

If the stressors were verified ,(I think you said they were)your past PTSD claim might have been grandfathered in to the pre- 2010 new PTSD criteria.

And if the DBQ and other medical evidence etc were recent , there might be no need for an additional C& P exam.....

I am only guessing here because I have searched and cannot find the post that you made with the reason they had denied PTSD in the past.

Ok I finally found the post: (in a different thread)

It was denied due to a lousy C & P exam......,in the past......I think they grandfathered the old PTSD claim to pre 2010 PTSD regs OR better yet they called a CUE on themselves.......because of the ridiculous C & P exam you got that they originally denied with.....

as I mentioned before, if they award SC for PTSD now, I think there is a CUE potential for the older denial...

but one more point....it is impossible to depend on what ebenefits says because that status changes a lot...

and my opinion on the PTSD claim is only based on what you have posted here....I think it is the strongest claim you have.

to add ,you stated in the other post:

"Yes. As a matter of fact the first time I filed and was denied, the VA conceded my stressor. Do I do have a confirmed stressor on file." 

I had the impression you first filed for PTSD , shoulder and bladder issues  in 2001 or 2002????

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hope we get more input here on the PTSD claim from others.....

•  

3 hours ago, Berta said:

to add ,you stated in the other post:

"Yes. As a matter of fact the first time I filed and was denied, the VA conceded my stressor. Do I do have a confirmed stressor on file." 

I had the impression you first filed for PTSD , shoulder and bladder issues  in 2001 or 2002????

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Hope we get more input here on the PTSD claim from others.....

•  
  •  

Berta,

my original file date for PTSD was feb of 2016. My original file date for the bladder was early 2002. I was denied the bladder condition. I received the PTSD denial in sept of this year. It wasn't until I started gathering additional evidence for the reopening of my PTSD claim that I found the discharge physical from 02 that mentioned the bladder issue.

I decided to reopen the bladder issue on this PTSD claim. I also decided to include a left shoulder issue as a secondary claim for a service connected right shoulder  

as it currently sits, I have a CP on the 4th of Jan to examine my bladder and shoulder  

The PTSD claim has not been scheduled for CP exam  I'm pretty sure all the evidence I submitted, including a DBQ is holding water  

hopefully that will clarify things  

john