VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Provision to help veterans who may have been erroneously given a less than honorable discharge from the military

Rate this question

CaravanDan

Question

http://www.peters.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/peters-daines-tillis-and-gillibrand-fairness-for-veterans-provision-to-be-signed-into-law

This is great news--But--I believe more could or should be done for Veterans that are severely service connected disabled to get their Compensation while awaiting the BCMR & That would be for the VA Regional Offices to do a NEW “character of service determination.” with the PTSD and or TBI diagnosis and Sexual abuse & Trauma..

Edited by CaravanDan

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hammy

Army pay in 1969 was so small you needed a microscope  to see it.   I know if you were in combat zone you got an extra 50 bucks a month I think.  Flight pay was a little extra.  I don't know if any of the airborne guys actually got jump pay in Nam?  As a PFC in Nam in 1970 I got about $250 a month including combat pay.   I think as a spec. five,  I  might have gotten $500 a month or less. I don't remember.    It was a great incentive to do your 2-3 years and haul azz if you still had one.  I do know the Army lost all my medical records from basic and AIT.  They also lost them for the time I was back in the states except the ones that condemned me.  

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Well the thing is they do show my combat pay  but still have the dates wrong  there just showing me a year in Vietnam.  12 months of duty.  I had more monthsthan that  this is what I am contesting..and have no other records to show.

I did send them copy of my extended tour  Disposition forms  DA 2406-1 ( Request extension for foreign service tour) I submitted that on my PTSD Claim in 2015..  for some reason ARBMR will not accept it? it has the extended dates on it in black &white  matter fact I sent that  to them twice.

It shows from my commanding officer I been approved for  the extension  AR-614-30....??

Adjusted my DEROS Date. ect,,,ect,,,

It also has a date that I am not to depart this command no sooner than my extension date .

I don't know what else to send them.

THE VA used it for my evidence on my PTSD Claim. 

At least they Accept  I was in Vietnam  they don't even acknowledge my Germany service  its not on my DD -214.

I may just for get it.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

You know if not for mention of my Vietnam service on my DD-214 I have no proof I was there except for a buddy statement.  I have the standard Vietnam service medals but many non-Vietnam vets get them also somehow.   For them to not acknowledge your terms of service worries me.    What if it was shown that the water supply where you were stationed in Germany was contaminated?  I would fight this because they are saying you never extended in Vietnam or service in Germany?  Do you have any medals or ribbons for the Germany service?  If you were not in Vietnam or Germany where were you?  Maybe you were on Mars on a special CIA mission according to the military.  These bastards at ARBMR are anti-veteran.  They are just too lazy to correct your records because it might cost them a dime.  The military did lose all my medical records for basic and AIT and for  my last duty station.  The personnel records are there.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes as for as I know  all my Vietnam medals/ribbons/certifications are on my DD-214  ONLY from Vietnam it just don't show my extended service dates.

although some where I did read in a letter from VA i think? about my benefits award, It said you may have additional service dates that are not listed....>???

My Germany Military service has nothing on the  DD -214  and I spent 11 months over there  , hell I went to sick call a bunch of times while I was in Germany  the cold weather and I did not get along very well, so they should at least be a few medical records....I even comb my C-File over  and never found anything  from my Germany service.

Tompkins Barracks, Schwetzingen, Germany  (it was a very nice compound)

I remember a buddy   he was E-7 and little older than me  we run together over there  he had his car shipped over Ford Cobra Mustang  all fixed up for racing ect,,ect,, he scared the sh*** out of me on the Autobahn. I was just so busy while I was over there I never actually went sight seeing  with some of my other buddy's  like they did on the weekends/(I did send my mom a coo coo clock)   

me and my  E-7 Buddy would go all over the places/me working in the EM Club  time just got away from me.  looking back now I should have went sight seeing more and took pics...I have only one pic of me and some of my buddy's me sitting on my cot playing my guitar and some buddy's singing some country songs, I had a playboy calendar pic on my locker showing in the pic  my mom seen it and gave me the evil eye,,,eh! (rest her soul)

I remember one time we went to Berlin just to see some artifacts , but mostly I remember going about 110 MPH down that damn Autobahn (had to clean myself when we got back to the Barracks) eh!!! we both dated a couple nice  beautiful German college girls...but never was serious,  I think my E7 buddy got serious and ask  his G/F to Marry him.....I left Germany about that time...never herd from my E-7 Bud Again.

I did go to the day room occasionally on Sundays to play Foosball...but as for as names and address I never got any from my buddys...we just visited and I never knew I'd ever see them again & same for them I guess ...last names and nic names were used mostly

Hell I'm not sure they require a separate country that your station to  to put on the DD-214? One foreign country maybe all is required?

should my C-File have my Germany Medical Records in it?

I'm just tired fighting with'em.

Edited by Buck52