VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Great Again

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Has anyone else here contacted https://greatagain.gov/

to tell Trump who you feel should be the new VA Secretary?  Contact area is under "Share Your Story" button.

I changed my initial pick to the transition and am hoping for Jeff Miller to become the new VA Secretary.

When I contacted Trump's team before, I had no idea Miller would even be considered for this job.

As all of you know he already knows VAOLA very well and would not need any major VA 101 information.

He also knows who the gatekeepers are and is used to VA spin.

I have 2 ideas that could reduce the backlog significantly as well.

6 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Berta, I think Miller would almost be as good as you for the position.

He He---- I would be pretending to be Trump and tell the whole VA bunch in DC "You're Fired"...

but seriously thanks. Miller and I are both civilians, but he has been getting a lot of encouragement from veterans. He put up with lots of VA spin and crap in the House VAC hearings.

Fox News said a poll taken showed he had an 80% favorable rating with vets who were asked if they thought he would do a good job.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think I read on president elect Trump web site  that the position for VA Secretary  is the hardest decision for him to make  and he is taking his time to hopefully pick the right guy/or lady.

who ever he pick I jusT wish they straighten out the VA ONCE AND FOR ALL.

my big worry is a few 'tax-evaders' want to kill any and every gov program- except ones that directly benefit them.

One road is to bad mouth the VA so much things get privatized- once hospitals are dismantled costs become so high, just like Obamacare, VA care can't be sustained.

(Unfortunately the VA leaders walk right into this by their own incompetence and greed)

In short my concern is exactly what their intent truly is; to get Veterans service they deserve or lessen their own tax burden. Neither they, their families nor their buddies ever served a day in their life and don't care what happens to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

My opinon 

The VA knows how to cover up...as they have been doing this for years.

OIG lets the VAMC's know  their  coming for inspection...weeks before , so  naturally they just cover up things  before the inspections!

its been this way for years...maybe this new administration will  figured that out.

the OIG should listen to the Veterans and let the veterans voice speak.

jmo