VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

And the plot thickens!!!! WTH?

Rate this question

2NDMARDIVDOC

Question

So I took it upon myself to call DFAS today to ask them if they could tell me if they saw any pending deposits in the future for me regarding my recent claim. 

Ebenefits kept going back and forth through all the steps with no solid info at all. 

My DAV rep said that he believed that my PTSD claim had been approved but the other 2 issues in my claim had been deferred pending CP exams. 

Anyway, DFAS asks me if i "received the letter that was sent on dec 10th" I told them I didn't receive ANYTHING at all. Here's where I lost it.... the guy tells me that he couldn't discuss anything unless I had the letter in hand. Why the hell would I be calling for info if I had the damn letter???

anyway, I told him that according to my bank, my monthly award amount had not changed based on my pending deposit for the 30th. 

What he did tell me was that "one" of my items in the claim had in fact been approved but it had not been "applied" to my overall rating "yet" he wouldn't tell me which issue it was or what the percentage was  

why wouldn't they have uploaded the issue that was awarded??? I'd love to know what the hell was in that letter that they claimed they sent in the 10th. 

Is that letter anywhere in ebenefits or can I get it somewhere?

Edited by 2NDMARDIVDOC

20 hours ago, Berta said:

Congrats on the SC rating.....you had excellent evidence for that.

I must be getting old because I had no idea from your past posts that you are a military retiree....maybe you mentioned it and I didnt pick up on it.

The only way I know now is because you said you contacted DFAS.

You need to read over the CRDP /CRSC info here. You sure might be eligible for one of these benefits.

CRDP is automatic and VA contacts DFAS directly on that..., CRSC has to be applied for.

This link and the tabs on the left explain these types of payments.

https://www.dfas.mil/retiredmilitary/disability/payment.html

Berta, I'm not a retiree. I I did 5 years and got out to finish my eduction. I was 70% before this most recent rating and now I am 90%. It MAY hit 100 when these other 2 issues clear next week. IU is not something I'm interested in. I'm only 42 and have a good job. I don't want to give up working just to collect IU. Just a personal decision.