VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Under review

Rate this question

vet90

Question

My appeal had been advanced on

the docket since 2013. I received

the BVA favorable  decision for two

of four conditions in August 2016

with an EED of 2009. The tdiu and

migraines were remanded for

further development.

After contacting Under Secretary  Bob in Oct 2016 I received an e-mail from the Office of Case Management stating they were assisting with my inquiry and would receive a SSOC discussing my 2009 appeal.

I got a SSOC 5-7days mentioning tdiu and migraines were

denied.

I have yet to receive any

retro payments. Every time I call the

BVA status I get the same this

same update "it's with the Judge

and it's under review."

Does anyone have an updated # for the Office of Case Management. These two #'s are no longer in service. 202-273-7453, 202 273-5674. I got this from Hadit forum.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

You might have to send them a copy of the VA  Fast Letter 10-02 in this link and ask them for the retro :

But before you do that can you give us the BVA Docket number?

Those are the only numbers I could find for Case Management.

Edited by Berta

If your Retro's over, I think $25K or so, needs additional authorization from Rating Dept MFIC.

Who Rep'd your BVA Award, VSO or VA Lawyer. Have you filed papers with the CAVC?

The old "Checks in the Mail" deal regarding your Retro. The Direct Deposit will hit, when it it's.

Is your Direct Deposit account set up to Txt & E-mail you, regarding all financial transactions in real-time?

How about a BVA Docket Number, always good to read a somewhat successful BVA Decision, as well as the Denial portion.

Semper fi

Yo Vet90, am I reading this right, Appeal from 09 NOD, DRO (Anything) or BVA Hearing requested DATE ??/??/09 or 10?

What kind of "Advanced on the Docket since 2013" did you receive? When was your actual BVA Hearing and what kind, Video, Travel Board or DC? Early or mid 2015?

No BVA Decision until 08/2016, not quite what one would consider as any type of BVA Docket Advancement to the head of the line.

Semper Fi

Thanks for the quick responses. I wish VBA would be just as quick. I'm going to attempt answering all the questions asked of me:;

My docket NO. 09-15179- A

The most recent video conference hearing: April 2016 before judge Marti Hyland

Advanced on docket due to homelessness.

Yes, account is setup to receive deposit alerts.

Represented at hearings by American Legion VSO.

Should I wait until after you've had a chance to read my decision before sending the VA Fast Letter 10-02?

Thanks for the quick get back. More info is always more helpful than less. Won't be able to look at the decision till 04am, send the FL 10 - 02.

That BVA Docket Bump, doesn't sound like it was that we thought they were cracked up to be. Thought a Hardship Bump got you to the front of the Hearing Line. I guess, if there's only 3 or 4 Hearing Judges and there are 400 Hardship bumps, you still have to wait in that line, depending on 1st come 1st served.

Semper Fi