VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

After a debt repayment pla, my file disappeared

Rate this question

Sbcasin

Question

I drill and have a compensation. Usually the debt for this is taken out at some point during the next year. Received a letter in November that it would be taken out effective January. Usually, this means I will get it at the end of December. It wasn't received December 30, which I was counting on. So I called and set it up to be taken out over the next year, 2017, because I was counting on it for December. This was not a problem and I was told I would get a refund in seven days and February 1 it would be back to normal, except for the debt. But now, my payment history "can not be accessed at this time" by phone or online. I have never done this before and have been having panics over it. I'm hoping to get some peace of mind.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I am not familiar with your type of situation but maybe IRIS could help.

Go to https://www.va.gov/ and click on the upper right "Contact Us" button, then click on "ask a Question"and you will be directed to the Integrated Response System.

You will need to give some some info  and then ask them the question you have.

Ask for an email reply so that you have hard copy proof of their response.

It is all I can come up with...never saw a situation like this before.

Maybe others will chime in.

Berta,

Just wanted to let you know that with your help, I won my CUE case!

I was lucky to get a quick review yesterday at the VA, and the review officer was astounded at the evidence I had to prove my case.

ALL thanks to you:biggrin:

Thanks,

Allan

Another CUE WIN here ! Great!!!!!!!!

Here is a link to the "boo boo"!:

http://community.hadit.com/topic/68468-just-found-a-boo-boo/?page=2

That is wonderful news Allan!

The worse CUE claim of all is the one that is Never filed!

Thank You! Maybe we can move this to the CUE forum.

On 1/4/2017 at 6:36 AM, Sbcasin said:

I drill and have a compensation. Usually the debt for this is taken out at some point during the next year. Received a letter in November that it would be taken out effective January. Usually, this means I will get it at the end of December. It wasn't received December 30, which I was counting on. So I called and set it up to be taken out over the next year, 2017, because I was counting on it for December. This was not a problem and I was told I would get a refund in seven days and February 1 it would be back to normal, except for the debt. But now, my payment history "can not be accessed at this time" by phone or online. I have never done this before and have been having panics over it. I'm hoping to get some peace of mind.

Drill pay is now 'awarded' in the past, making a debt. It used to be 'awarded' in future, making a 'recoupment'.

Debt Management (DMC) can't manipulate recoupment repayment amounts, only debts. The system to 'offset' a comp debt with comp pay is very simple, automated and rarely messes up.

If I understand correctly- They system took your entire monthly comp payment, and you called DMC for a partial refund? Refunds take about 10 days and there's really no 'expedites' unless there's alot of 'push.' Every, single person who calls needs an 'expedite' on the refund, as you could imagine.

You could call DMC to verify the refund went thru, and wasn't rejected.