VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

IU 100% SMC granted

Rate this topic

jfrei

So I have the unofficial decision from my attorneys 

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of dizziness and lightheadedness, residuals of traumatic brain injury with cognitive disorder, short term memory losses/lapses, difficulty sleeping, problem solving
with PTSD (to include cerebral contusion with diffuse axonal injury to bilateral frontal and temporal lobes) a single disability upon which a total individual unemployability rating is based and additional service-connected disabilities of tinnitus, scar tracheostomy due to ventilator dependence, left shoulder impingement syndrome with supraspinatus tendinitis (claimed as dislocation of left shoulder with popping), right foot strain (claimed as right foot contusion), independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 11/11/2016. This is good but the offical
 one isn't coming until the 17th will that have my SMC letter on it?

Congratulations!  Yes, according to your post, you will get statuatory SMC S "Housebound", which happens whenever you have 100 percent plus an additional combined 60%.  SMC S is currently 348 (additional) per month.  Since I dont know your dependents, I dont know how much your 100 percent will be.  

You and your attorney(s) can discuss if you want to appeal the effective date, which may be Nov.11, 2016,  according to your post.  

Remember, if you are IU you have to send in a form certifying you did not work during the year, even if the VA "forgets" to send you the form, fill it out and send it anyway EACH YEAR.  

Congratulations!!!

I second what broncovet said about sending in the" I did not work" form each year. That is very important, because if you do not send it in they will send you a "proposal to reduce" letter. In which case get that form in and they would not reduce. Just don't give them the reason to do that...it will just cause you a lot of unnecessary stress!!

All the best to you and your family!!

Greg

The form is Employment Questionnaire, 21-4140-1

Thanks it's says on ebenefits it's awarded on the 11th  still no letter yet but it's in the snail mail. I will disagreed with it if it says not permanent TBI ten years old don't heal even all my VA doctors agree.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think the VA just loves to keep us in supense and all stressed out  just hang in there if you don't hear  something soon  put a bug in your reps ear!

• HadIt.com Elder

when I got  TDIU P&T bout 15 years ago I sent in the Questioner letter on my Award date or close to it   for the next 7 -8 years  then I got a letter telling me I don't need to send the questionser letter in...so crazy me I didn't send one in for the next 2 or 3 years  they never said anything...but I started back send it  even if they don't send the letter...I lost the letter  that they sent me letting me know I don't need to send in the Employment questioner ...I recieved my complete C-File and that letter they sent me was not in my C-FILE

I now been sending in the Employment questioner every year last year I sent it in twice...once  just on my own and once they sent me a letter asking me to send it in  and any change in dependents.

can't trust the VA...SEND IN YOUR QUESTIONER LETTER EVERY YEAR.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use