VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

PTSD inPrep for Decisision

Rate this question

KDM

Question

I put in a reconsideration of a denial for PTSD on 10/11/2016 I submitted Five Stressor letters with this statement they asked for "The Statement I have made is true to the best of my ability and knowledge " sign there names two shipmates and five family members and friends account of my situation of PTSD due to personal assault.

I submitted a strong nexus letter and DBQ stating by a VA doctor that my PTSD comes primarily from my Incident in the military

I also Submitted Diagnoses by several VA doctors of PTSD Axis level one

I also Submitted PTSD Unit that only takes military related trauma I was in VA facility in Montrose NY

I also submitted several incidents of flair ups of my PTSD by VA doctors and social workers and there subscription of medicine nightmare medicine etc

I also have a Doctor state that my roomates in VA hospital talked abouthow I talked in my sleep

On Jan 6 2016 my claim went to preparation for decision however they never ordered me a CNP I  had a previous mental health CNP that was favorable to me they may have referenced any thoughts????/

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need a DSM5 PTSD Diagnoses from a VA Phyistrist from Mental Health, Also See a lCSW & VA Phyistrist for treatment  , if you do?  go back into MyhealthyVet and copy the favorable Notes.

Only a VA DSM5 PTSD  Diagnoses will fly.

you need your stressors verified with records, MOS record helps what you did in military  where you were any combat badges you may have got  then the VA will Concede your stressor's your DD-214 should have this information.

with what you sent in this time should prompt you a C&P Exam,  hope you  got the affidavits stamped by a certified Notary?

read up on hadit information about the PTSD C&P Exams what to expect and what to say and do.

IF Your PTSD keeps you from working or starting jobs but you can't do the work b/c of your PTSD a letter from your employer will help. if you were in VA-Voc Rehab and they could not help a letter from the rehab counselor will help stating you are not feasible to retain b/c of your disability.

However They may not give you a C&P if  this is enough evidence & information you just sent them?

it maybe enough for them to make a favorable decision...but normally we get a C&P Exam.

if you get a C&P TAKE ANY MORE EVIDENCE YOU HAVE AND LET THE EXAMINER KNOW ABOUT ALL OF IT.  SUBMIT IT AS NEW & MATERIAL EVIDENCE if you have sleep apnea or sleep disorders b/c of your PTSD  SUBMIT THAT. ect...ect...

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Qualifying for Disability Benefits Due to PTSD

Regulations passed in 2010 made it easier for veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder to qualify for VA disability benefits. The following requirements must be met.

The veteran has a PTSD diagnosis.

The veteran's symptoms are related to a traumatic event (the "stressor").

A VA psychiatrist or psychologist confirms that the triggering stressor was enough to cause PTSD.

The stressor is related to fear of hostile military or terrorist activity. 

The stressor is one that is likely to have happened in the locations and circumstances of the veteran’s service (and there is no evidence to contrary). 

Because you no longer have to provide evidence that the traumatic event occurred, you will have an easier -- and faster -- time getting VA benefits. 

Getting a Disability Rating for PTSD

In assigning you a percentage of disability, the VBA will consider how severe your PTSD symptoms are, how frequently they occur, the length of your remissions (periods of improvement), and how much your ability to work and function socially is impaired. For example, a veteran with mild or passing symptoms of PTSD that are well controlled with medication might receive a 10% disability rating. For information on PTSD from the VA, visit http://www.ptsd.va.gov/.

You may also be eligible for Social Security disability benefits if you are unable to work. For more information, see our article on Social Security disability benefits for PTSD.