VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

20 Year Anniversary Jan 20, 2017 HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

20-year-1997-2017-2-300x300.png

I left the Navy Dec 17, 1990. The beginnings of HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran "By Feb 1991 I had moved to the San Francisco bay area and was staying at a friend’s apartment and pretty much I was just a puddle. In desperation one night I called suicide hotline, I had no job, no idea about going to the VA. They talked with me for a long time and explained to me that I could go to the local VA hospital even if I did not have insurance. Now, I know what you are thinking if I was 50% why didn’t I just go to the VA in the first place, two reasons 1, this was Feb 1991 and the 50% didn’t come till May and 2, even if it had come thru it is unlikely that I would have had the mental acuity at the time to put the two together. I relate this here because it is where so many of our brothers and sisters are coming from, perhaps where you started. Fuzzy and unsure, in pain and sometimes homeless they come to the VA hospital for help. And that is where I ended up. Up to the pysch ward I went, blah, blah, blah, a few days later I was released with a promise of a call from the out-patient program, which I would soon be entering. Blah, blah, blah, after many miscommunications, and no call backs I was at the Day Hospital everyday M-F. And this brothers and sisters is where I began to learn and formulate my plan for HadIt.com." Read More http://www.hadit.com/about-me/

What a story!!! And so many of us are very grateful for everything you have done to make the path to care that much easier. Information gained on this site is a blessing.

JOB WELL DONE!  Are you sure you were in the Navy, not the Marine Corps?

Semper Fi