VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HELP WITH MY PTSD CLAIM

Rate this question

Coach Edgar

Question

HI EVERYONE THIS IS MY FIRST POST I DO IN HERE, I AM OIFAND OEF VETERAN, I GOT OUT THE SERVICE IN 2005, I WENT TO THE VA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2006, MY PRIMARY DOCTOR DIAGNOSED ME WITH PTSD BACK IN 2006. VA HAS ME AT 80% RATING. I HAD TWO SEPRATE C&P EXAM ONE IN SEPTEMBER 2016 AND ONE ON NOVEMBER 22, 2016, THE ONE FOR SEPTEMBER THE PYSCHIATRIST TOLD ME THAT I HAD PTSD, AND VA SAYS I DONT HAVE PTSD, BUT I WAS FIRST DIAGNOSED IN 2006, SO MY LAST C&P EXAM THE PYSCHIATRIST WROTE ON MY NOTES THAT I HAVE PTSD, MY QUESTION IS WILL I GET A RETRO FROM 2006 OR 2016... 

bilateral hearing loss 40%
unspecified trauma and stressor related disorder with major depressive disorder (previously addressed as major depression) 50%
bilateral hearing loss 40%
hypertension 10%
tinnitus 10%

• HadIt.com Elder

When did you make your PTSD claim?  That is probably when you will get your benefit date.  However, if the VA knew you had PTSD and did not assist you in getting your claim they have that duty.  I don't know if it applies in this example, but I would try and get it.  I had Agent Orange Registry exam in 2000 and doctor said I had three AO conditions.  It meant nothing until I filed claims.  I got no retro back to 2000 date.

When did the VA grant the 50% for a different MH disability?

I AM OIFAND OEF VETERAN, I GOT OUT THE SERVICE IN 2005, I WENT TO THE VA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2006, MY PRIMARY DOCTOR DIAGNOSED ME WITH PTSD BACK IN 2006 " 

What did you do then,..... did you formally file for PTSD?

Did they deny the claim?

If so can you scan and attach here (Cover C file #, name prior to scanning it) the denial due to the 2006 claim?

The Reason and bases part and also the evidence list.

20 minutes ago, john999 said:

When did you make your PTSD claim?  That is probably when you will get your benefit date.  However, if the VA knew you had PTSD and did not assist you in getting your claim they have that duty.  I don't know if it applies in this example, but I would try and get it.  I had Agent Orange Registry exam in 2000 and doctor said I had three AO conditions.  It meant nothing until I filed claims.  I got no retro back to 2000 date.

i first submitted my calim for PTSD in 07

38 minutes ago, Berta said:

When did the VA grant the 50% for a different MH disability?

I AM OIFAND OEF VETERAN, I GOT OUT THE SERVICE IN 2005, I WENT TO THE VA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2006, MY PRIMARY DOCTOR DIAGNOSED ME WITH PTSD BACK IN 2006 " 

What did you do then,..... did you formally file for PTSD?

Did they deny the claim?

If so can you scan and attach here (Cover C file #, name prior to scanning it) the denial due to the 2006 claim?

The Reason and bases part and also the evidence list.

VA NOTS FROM DOCTORS.txt

I suggest you remove or try to delete all of the personal identifying info in the pfd.

Please do same for the 2007 decisions if you can attach it here:

" I AM OIFAND OEF VETERAN, I GOT OUT THE SERVICE IN 2005, I WENT TO THE VA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2006, MY PRIMARY DOCTOR DIAGNOSED ME WITH PTSD BACK IN 2006 " 

It is the 2007 VA decision that we need to see ( cover any Personal identifying info prior to scanning it.)

Edited by Berta

3 hours ago, Berta said:

I suggest you remove or try to delete all of the personal identifying info in the pfd.

Please do same for the 2007 decisions if you can attach it here:

" I AM OIFAND OEF VETERAN, I GOT OUT THE SERVICE IN 2005, I WENT TO THE VA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 2006, MY PRIMARY DOCTOR DIAGNOSED ME WITH PTSD BACK IN 2006 " 

It is the 2007 VA decision that we need to see ( cover any Personal identifying info prior to scanning it.)

i cant seem to be able to find my 2007 VA decision.