VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Combined Ratings Bog!

Rate this question

AJones

Question

Dear Brother and Sister Vets,

Please help settle this.  I just had a heated discussion about what a total rating should be. The Vet is 40,30,30,30,20,10,10,10. The rating was 80% until recently when the 3 10% were determined but the benefit would remain at 80%. That is incorrect and I encouraged the Vet to file a NoD and ask them to recalculate because the rating now adds up to 90%.  Using the combined ratings table,  I got 84% before the 10%s,  adding one by one -not 30%- the total rating is 88 then round to 90%. What do you come up with? I did it manually and with the Hadit calculator. Same damn answer. The naysayer said that once the Vet gets to 80%, the 10%s don't count! They said there is some super secret formula that we don't know about. The combined ratings tables are just what "They" want us to see. Oh Brother! Please add the ratings and tell me what you get according to the info available from the VA: The Combined Ratings table. Thank You!

AJones,

Are any of those ratings for opposing body parts? Like arms, or legs, or any part thereof? If so, then the bilateral factor would also play a part.

They would have to have a raw score of no more then 78 (rounded up to 80) to not get to 90.  78+10=80+10=82+10=84 (rounded again to 80).  At a raw score of 79 plus the 3-10's would get you 85 (rounded up to 90).

The vet needs to go on ebenefits and hit the disabilities tab and see what the VA is counting and at what rate.

Cut and paste here if it is what you say the numbers are.  At the top of that page it will show the overall percentage, etc.,

I cant see that page being jacked up.  It might not show everything, but what is there is counted in the total.

I don't think its a NOD, maybe a call to Peggy, but not a NOD.  Probably just VA math.

Hope this helps,

Hamslice.

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Hamslice...with thr 3 additional 10% added in  that's a combined rating of 91%  so 90% total combined rating...now you need additional  50% rating to get to the 100%

I figure about 1% for each 10% rating  but that's not the way to figure it.