VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"May" be exacerbated by

Rate this question

OCDMarine

Question

5 answers to this question

ocdmarine thanks for your service.

the word ; may ' in a doctors opinion will get the claim denied.

if you can ? ask him or her - to write a new report ,explain the va dont except that word in any opinion. if you can do that ,, have the opinion to say ( are connected to your disibilty ) you'll win.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes these 4 little words >= in my opinion Mr Veteran M  Headaches  is least likely as not related to his S.C. Depression.

usually the Dr will go into further detail   but the words is likely as not  or least likely as not  is what the VA don't dispute ..its a 50/50 tie  and reason of doubt goes to the veteran.

The Raters don't like'' could have should have''  may be''and a few others that would seem to tie it together  so they watch this carefully.

LIke Buck said, at least as likely, more likely than not, is due to...are magic to the VA. Your doctor doesn't have to state fact and regs, just in their opinion they feel the Vet's medical issue is "at least as likely as not, due to or caused by".

I got the Maybe is exacerbated before it wasn't a denial but they lumped it in with my TBI residuals instead of a seperate issue and kept me at 70 for my TBI