VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seemingly Social Security Disibility Success

Rate this topic

killemall

I was turned down for ssd a year ago and then again 6 months ago during the reconsideration phase.

My conditions are...

Hearing loss

Vertigo

Pain in shoulders, knees, right wrist

Depression due to hearing loss

A week ago I had the final phase which was a face to face with a ssd judge.

The hearing took around an hour and when it was completed I felt that I was 80 or 90% likely to have won social decurity disibility benifits.

I told my lawyer my guess of aprox. 85% and she said its much higher.

She then told me 99.9% I won!!!!!!  She said shes done hundreds of these and theres absolutely no doubt that I won.

Ill believe it when I actually get my letter but it definitly feels like celebration time to me.

Sounds like you did good.

My wife's SSDI was denied, denied, win (with legal rep).

I think it is a scam, because of the wait for medicare, 2 years or whatever it was.  Our lawyer actually settled early (withing 4 months, Wisconsin is a 18 month wait for a judge) and we agreed to SSDI payments back to when we filed, but no Medicare until the full 2 years etc., we had private insurance, so we agreed.  Lawyer took 20-25% of $6000.00 or there abouts, and  then the checks started rolling in.

By the way, you can register online with Social Security and see the whole show.

Anyway, hope your lawyer is on target,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
added content

My SSDI was approved in two months just for a comparison - zero back pay of course, but mine was "Bilateral thumbs" , because it was both - that made the difference. Also I had been in the same job 40 years helped.  Congrats! 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use