VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Questions about an unexpected c&p exam

Rate this question

Breedlove

Question

Hello, 

i recently had my c&p exam. It was not what I expected. I was evaluated for lower back problems that is very well documented in my military records. I have had spinal injections, pain meds chiropractic adjustments and pt. I also have psoriasis. The locations that I get psoriasis are well documented by the army dermatologist. The examiner was a former military doc. He seemed like a nice enough guy. Fist we talked about my back and he did my range of motion which wasn't much. I had looked online to see what to expect from the exam to know how much pain I was gonna be in. That was the extent of the back exam. As far as the psoriasis he asked me when I was diagnosed with it and if I was still using the medication for it. I said yes. And then we spent some time talking about our experiences with doing airborne ops and other military stuff. I asked him where it goes from here and he told me. I was really expecting the person to be an xxxxxxx based on what I've heard from others but he was really pretty cool. I guess my question is is brevity of my exam a sign that he wasn't talking this stuff seriously or did he not need much from me because everything is so well documented 

thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Breedlove, hello and welcome to hadit.  It's extremely difficult to say how the exam went without seeing a copy of the c&p, but when you asked the examiner where things go from here,  if he didn't say something like,  well you must understand I'm not the one making the decision,  you should be OK.  I've had an exam I thought was going to be negative,  due to the fact that I went to the exam during a good day for me when my lupus condition wasnt flaring up,  it turned out to be a positive exam.  As long as everything was well documented in service and the examiner did his job and reviewed your records,  you should be good to go.  I wish you the very best on your claim. 

Thank you for responding Flores97. I think my medical records were pretty thorough. The records are about an inch and a half thick. After I asked him where does it go he said his report will go to the guys in corporate va and then I'll get a letter from them.

Breedlove, that sounds positive,  I don't think you'll have anything to worry about,  especially with the good in-service documentation.  I hope you receive good news quickly,  and please keep us updated. This is a great forum if you have questions or need assistance, it's helped me tremendously.  Again,  best of luck to you