VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

secondary conditions to migraine

Rate this question

navyvet96

Question

I am currently rated for severe/chronic migraines which have been diagnosed by ENT and Neuro as also being vestibular migraines. (which is a symptom of migraines and not a separate

diagnosis)  I applied for tinnutis secondary to migraines as well as peripheral vestibular disorder.  This would be very similar to Menieres, without the progressively hearing loss but with

debilitating migraines with bouts of vertigo and dizziness as well as ear fullness, balance issues and tinnitus.    I was shocked to see that in myhealthyvet an audiologist had been sent my

records and determined that it is not service connected and there is not evidence to show that.  The audiologist I saw at my local VA had a full understanding of vestibular disorders and the

impact they have on balance as well as tinnitus,etc.  I know this is only 10% but it is clearly a symptom of migraines that have a vestibular component.   I have an additional secondary claim

open for the peripheral vestibular disorder portion (the ear/balance/vertigo) which I am concerned the most about because it has a major impact on my life as well as the incredibly high fall

risk category I am now it because it is so bad.    Any advice on how to proceed? 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Did you have anything along the lines of a concussion in your time in service? I ask because I'm am service connected for all of those things but they are all secondary to my TBI?