VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet caught for a bit of exaggerated claim

Rate this question

MikeHunt

Question

I known sometimes when the VA starts being unfair, it's just human nature to counter with the same. Sounds like she went a bit too far ...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/trip-to-disney-world-helps-unravel-army-veterans-300000-disability-fraud-officials-say/484846225

Never heard of them doing this, though. Never a good idea to talk to investigators, even if you have nothing to hide

Had she not talked to investigator then she potentially would collect more benefits and more resources would have been expended to investigate her. *shrug*

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm not sure  but I think  in some VAMC the Dr's    has someone undercover to watch veterans all the way out to their car and take pics, especially if they use a wheel chair/cane  there's or he VA's, some one mention  that here on hadit one time   I think it was Jonh999....they do look for Freud.  

some veteran left the VAMC and out in the parking lot without the VA Wheel chair or help from attendent.

Now some vets only use a wheel chair  especially the VA's during  there visit to VA Appointments

but I guess if they have a compensation rating  then there watched.

• HadIt.com Elder

Shows how much the Dr pay attention    a Dr should be intelligent enough to do test on her arm for ROM and get X-RAYS MRIs special MRI's  if her Arm was that bad,?

hell on some days I can't walk because of arthritis in my knees  from falling off a Duse & 1/2 Years ago in Nam and they won't S.C.  It but they give me meds for it  so that's good enough for me.

I have other Major S.C. Disabilities, waiting on 4 years for my 20 years  then they can put that no reduse me sign  around my neck .

They can still reduce, they just have to have a really good reason for it. I agree that its probably rare, though. I daresay that we will have more of this type of thing to worry about over the next few years since the current administration is hell bent on penalizing anyone with an entitlement, even if its earned, or only a fraction of a fraction of a dollar per capita per person. 

Something does not smell right here.  They discussed a C and P exam in 2015, and that is not consitent with a 300,000 retro, since VA awards benefits on the later of the date applied or "facts found", often the C and P exam date.  

Of course I dont know, but, based purely on this report, the Vetaran admitted to being a faker.  

Its been my experience that if you do have some sort of disability like this, VA insists on documentation.  In other words X rays or MRI's.   I cant get even zero percent for my knee arthritis, even tho it DOES show up on the x ray.  

This leads me to believe that its an inside job.  In other words, one of her friends who worked at VA was a rater.  I have not seen VA hand out ratings that generate 300 grand in retro without EXTENSIVE documentation, above and beyond the Veterans own testimony.  

I think the VA should look at who rated this.  The VA never trusts us on anything, so why did they trust this Veteran's statement???  Something smells very fishy.  

If this gal is a faker..and she apparently admitted the same, then she deserves to be punished.  

BUt, I have no idea how she got rated for a 300k retro on purely her statement to the doctor alone.  The doctors take x rays, MRI's, etc., etc.  If you look at the rating schedules, you will see that a joint problem that does not show up on x ray will be given a very minimal rating, if any.  Probably 10 percent or less, and that wont generate 300 grand in retro.  

Thats only 6 yrs at 100% with house bound (based on the current rate, obviously some adjustment would need to be made going back a few years for COLAs) I don't think she GOT that in retro, I think it was for the number of years over time she had collected

Edited by brokensoldier244th