VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vet caught for a bit of exaggerated claim

Rate this question

MikeHunt

Question

I known sometimes when the VA starts being unfair, it's just human nature to counter with the same. Sounds like she went a bit too far ...

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/local/trip-to-disney-world-helps-unravel-army-veterans-300000-disability-fraud-officials-say/484846225

Never heard of them doing this, though. Never a good idea to talk to investigators, even if you have nothing to hide

MikeHunt,  I wonder why and how the govt started to investigate that veteran in the first place. 

You can sign up for VA OIG Reports on your E-mail. Go to the VA web site. Get the full story there.

2 VA Dr's drop the dime on her, she admitted to the investigators and in court,  that she had exaggerated her symptoms. Been collecting full boat IU for 5 yrs. I don't recall seeing the break-down of the $300K. Married, IU with SMC S (1) & SMC K, KIDS ?? would be in the area of $43K x 60 =$258K plus any Retro $??,000.00 gets fairly close.

She knew she was Malingering, from jump.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone is correct

Here is a link to OIG On this case

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USVAOIG/bulletins/180f332

8 hours ago, Gastone said:

You can sign up for VA OIG Reports on your E-mail. Go to the VA web site. Get the full story there.

2 VA Dr's drop the dime on her, she admitted to the investigators and in court,  that she had exaggerated her symptoms. Been collecting full boat IU for 5 yrs. I don't recall seeing the break-down of the $300K. Married, IU with SMC S (1) & SMC K, KIDS ?? would be in the area of $43K x 60 =$258K plus any Retro $??,000.00 gets fairly close.

She knew she was Malingering, from jump.

Semper Fi

Thanks, that make some sense now.  Oh, boy, might be a wake up when the checks stop coming and the garnishing starts!

Hamslice

Wil, I kinda disagree, with what I think your "get my drift"  take is here.

I tell the SC Vet's I'm in contact with to remember, "everything you say, can and will be used against you." By that, I mean not to tell the VA Nurse or Clinician that your better than you are, everything you say regarding symptoms, ends up in your treatment notes.                                                                                                                                                                         Using the "10% Rule," we have to consider that around 10% of all Vets receiving or applying for SC Comp are Malingerers. Can't say I know of any Vet that would condone Malingering, whether or not they'd "Eat Cheese" on the Malingerer, could be a different story.

Semper Fi