VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Great Radio show with Tbird!

Rate this question

Berta

Question

If you missed the great radio show last night, just click on the Podcast link  above and it will pop up in your media sound player.

I made a mistake…said the new Secretary was former VBA, but he was in fact VHA, so he has to learn VBA 101 – the stuff we basically deal with.

VHA Veterans Health Administration

VBA Veterans Benefits Administration

We covered a lot of stuff and Tbird had some GREAT stats as to the site!

And we had a lot of good laughs!

• HadIt.com Elder

I listen to the show last night Ms berta   , I had a hard time understanding a lot of it even though I had my New Bose headphones on my hearing words is just not any good these days,I sure was wanting to call in and talk with you guys but I know its frustrating having  repete  everything twice, I Enjoyed the show and was supprised at the statistics from Texas, & Waco Tx is my R.O.

i mention to my son Ms T mention him and me on the show , he was supprised  she remembers him and said to tell Ms T hello and any time she needs some help with Hadit web site just let me know 

He loves what Ms Tbird is doing for all the veterans with Hadit  and hadit should be a top notch Training site for all veterans recognized by the VA. Matter of Fact  every time I go to my VAMC i have to pass the VBA office  and I pass out Ms Tbirds Hadit cards and tell the veterans to go to this site  they can help you with your claim if your having problems, I don't get into a big discussion with them because of my profound hearing loss  I read lips mostly  but I do pass out the hadit .com cards I printed off.

I enjoy John & jerrel too  they give out some great information, I just wish more and more veterans on hadit would call in and just to visit or say hi if nothing else....its good to let you guys know what a great job  and  the help you all give the veterans and to be notice for it  or a pat on the back goes a long ways....the information is priceless...and very badly needed. I don't know what I'd done if it was not from Hadit.com and people like you and Ms Tbird John & Jerrel  and some of he other Hadit members.

I miss a lot of the old ones you guys mention last night on the show too. Me Carlie and Stretch just to mention a few.

Great show last night  I had a few laughs with you guys last night...especially when John mention he was going bald  he knows because all his friends are starting to call him kojack...LOL  that was a good one   he he eh

Thanks to Everyone!!!

Buck thanks for listening in---and for always being so helpful and dedicated here at hadit.

I didn't know how difficult it was for you to hear.....I met a vet yesterday at the VA and he had just gotten a new hearing aid set up and did all of his talking into a mike on a head set like what pastors and many of the TV people use , probably like yours and had something attached to his wheelchair too (I think)  to make his hearing better...next time I see him I will ask him how that all works.

Yeah .....I had no idea the basser man was becoming a bald eagle!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thank you Ms berta.

Yes I understand about the veteran with new hearing aids, new modern technology is getting super better for the hearing impaired , my hearing aids are about 4 years old now and time to get new ones.

Veterans can have their hearing aids replaced every 4 years via VA and should.

I've had  5 new hearing aids over the last 20 or so years and it seems they are getting better and better, I have the kind that you can fine tune a box that comes with the aids hangs around my neck & bluetooth ready  and can be programmed to the TV so I can watch TV and the sound comes through my aids directly ,but I can't set it up to the phone for some reason?...were working on that, the last time I had an audiologist to program my hearing aids  she did it with her using her voice in another room and talked lowly & Louder until I could hear her ....I have a little machine devise hook up to the phone (home phone not Cell) that displays the incoming voice by message  I just read it & that makes it a little eazier to talk on the phone with people...its how I talk to my 6 year old grand daughter, but it don't work with multi conversations....to confusing to keep up with.

that has worked better with my hearing aids, even though I have them at the highest setting...without my aids I can't hear anything...well its all just mumbo jumbo to me.

this profound hearing loss I have has really put a strain on my social life. I decided NOT to have the surgery for C' Implants...to many compilations for me  and besides they cut  the ears plum off and re attach them...I said heck no   no one is cutting off my ears. eh!

so I just learn to read lips the best I can and live with it.  & having chronic PTSD don't make things any easier.

One of my reason coming to hadit every day it gives me something to do and I read better than I can hear  if that makes a lick of sense?  and with hadit I'm not so lonesome.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms T your just 5 years behind me...60 is not a bad age  it comes and goes fairly quick  LoL

50 was my hardest age to get over, when I turned 50  I thought to myself   man I'm 50 years old today...that made me feel old and I a hard time being 50 years old  LoL     BUT IT JUST LASTED A YEAR...eh!