VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependent Full Time College

Rate this question

rpowell01

Question

Thanks to JBasser for reminding me earlier I realized I am able to receive dependent compensation for my daughter who is a Full Time College Student.

Besides filling out VBA-21-674-ARE, do I need to send anything else in with this form such as unofficial transcripts, etc....

Thanks

17 minutes ago, rpowell01 said:

Thanks to JBasser for reminding me earlier I realized I am able to receive dependent compensation for my daughter who is a Full Time College Student.

Besides filling out VBA-21-674-ARE, do I need to send anything else in with this form such as unofficial transcripts, etc....

Thanks

I had always just sent in the form, as soon as they turn 18 and a new one when they switch from high school to college, never had a problem. 

Just make absolutely sure you fill it out correctly- There must be a date (mm/dd/yyyy) in box 9C even if it's past her 23d birthday. They will reject it if there's no addresses even if the 21-686c has her living at home, and the 21-674 has her in the neighborhood highschool (18yo in HS).

Sorry for late reply. I submitted it and the next day it was approved so I must have filled it out correctly and today they gave me the retro since she has been in college since August 19, 2016. I just totally forgot about this with all the pain and meds I was taking at the time....

On 1/29/2017 at 10:35 AM, MikeHunt said:

Cough- Choke Cough- Whaaa? What's your RO?? People have had those pending for years, literally years!

Good for you!

Believe it or not St Pete Regional Office!!! Yea I cannot believe it myself.

I am now going to write a letter requesting why my PT claim was never delivered with a denial letter to my house and why did the RO add that claim to a pending appeal. This is a CUE in itself because they violated so many CFRs because they first did not deliver me any approval or denial letter for the P&T and the RO added it to a pending appeal so they can delay the process. This is a NO GO per the CFRs. So I am going over the ROs head and writing to some folks in Washington DC and I may add the letter to both President Trump and the new Secretary of the VA and to both my Senators here in Florida.

Here is the thing, I have evidence from the VA, Dr. Bash which proves I have bladder and bowel incontinence and I have evidence from both Dr. Bash and Social Security which shows I am P&T. The VA RO is just sitting on both of them. that's fine they are going to have to pay all that tuition fees and the Dependent Education retroactively. They wanna play ball then I am to play because I've won all my claims with the help of JBasser and others on here who showed me the path to go. Its about reading both the Federal Veterans Rules and Regulations and the Veterans Benefits Manual that you can buy from lexisnexis!!!! If you know the CFRs and have case laws the VA is usually backed in the corner.

Don't ever let them tell you no if you have evidence, they will try to deny you but whenever you request a De Novo Review thats where it usually gets overturned like all my denials have except the bladder and bowel issues. For some reason they are sitting on this. What they don't realize is I still have it ever after herniating 2 discs in my neck and my L5-S1 and the VA refusing to do surgery on them. Ole' well they are at fault here thanks to the previous leadership...

1 hour ago, rpowell01 said:

Believe it or not St Pete Regional Office!!! Yea I cannot believe it myself.

I am now going to write a letter requesting why my PT claim was never delivered with a denial letter to my house and why did the RO add that claim to a pending appeal. This is a CUE in itself because they violated so many CFRs because they first did not deliver me any approval or denial letter for the P&T and the RO added it to a pending appeal so they can delay the process. This is a NO GO per the CFRs. So I am going over the ROs head and writing to some folks in Washington DC and I may add the letter to both President Trump and the new Secretary of the VA and to both my Senators here in Florida.

Here is the thing, I have evidence from the VA, Dr. Bash which proves I have bladder and bowel incontinence and I have evidence from both Dr. Bash and Social Security which shows I am P&T. The VA RO is just sitting on both of them. that's fine they are going to have to pay all that tuition fees and the Dependent Education retroactively. They wanna play ball then I am to play because I've won all my claims with the help of JBasser and others on here who showed me the path to go. Its about reading both the Federal Veterans Rules and Regulations and the Veterans Benefits Manual that you can buy from lexisnexis!!!! If you know the CFRs and have case laws the VA is usually backed in the corner.

Don't ever let them tell you no if you have evidence, they will try to deny you but whenever you request a De Novo Review thats where it usually gets overturned like all my denials have except the bladder and bowel issues. For some reason they are sitting on this. What they don't realize is I still have it ever after herniating 2 discs in my neck and my L5-S1 and the VA refusing to do surgery on them. Ole' well they are at fault here thanks to the previous leadership...

They will pay your child retro chapter 35, not sure if the state of florida department of ed pays back the tuition and fees, you may want to call them on that..........they did not for my children.  The va will however, take back all the $$ you received while your child was in college that they receive retro chapter 35 for, which I was fine with.   Just a heads up on those things :)  Best of luck to you on your PT!!!