VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Whats the record?

Rate this question

pwrslm

Question

I put in a claim to add 2 secondary conditions and an increase on my spine rating on 19 Jan 2017 and on 27 Jan 2017 it has gone to prep for Decision. Is this a record?

I had the DBQ's done on this when I turned in the claim.   Initially they put in that this would be finished between Jul 2017 to Jan 2018. Getting the DBQ's completed cuts months from the process.

Status of Your Claim

PREPARATION FOR DECISION

• Submitted: 01/19/2017 (Compensation)
  • Estimated Completion: 03/16/2017 - 05/03/2017

Current Status: Preparation for Decision

•  
Edited by pwrslm

If they have everything to make a decision that date will be moved up again you'll see it change again most likely in a few weeks a guess to prep for a notification. Just a guess based on my experience of my claims.

Today this went from Prep for Decision to Prep for Notification. Less than 2 months on this so far because I took the time to do the C&P ahead of the claim.

01/19/2017 Compensation Preparation for notification
  • Attention: Development Letter SentDevelopment Letter Sent

Don't worry about the Record, worry about the Decision. Denials can move much quicker than Awards.

If you get an Award, the Retro should hit your Direct Deposit Account well in advance of the Actual RO Award letter. Be sure your Bank Account is set up to txt & Email you real-time regarding all financial transactions.

Semper Fi

4 hours ago, pwrslm said:

Today this went from Prep for Decision to Prep for Notification. Less than 2 months on this so far because I took the time to do the C&P ahead of the claim.

01/19/2017 Compensation Preparation for notification
  • Attention: Development Letter SentDevelopment Letter Sent

So did my claim an hour later it went to close in the historical and then another hour it remained in the historical and now there was also another claimed open under review. They tell me there's an internal review of my claim but I don't care they already service connected for my broken hip 10% not really money maker I was more concerned about getting connected. Do you see your claim in the historical yet sometimes it takes a few hours some days roll a dice it's what the Va does I think....

Edited by jfrei

20 Jan 2017-16 Mar 2017

Under 60 days!! Completed this morning!

90%

Total Combined Disability

You have a 90% final degree of disability.

Edited by pwrslm