VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Whats the record?

Rate this question

pwrslm

Question

I put in a claim to add 2 secondary conditions and an increase on my spine rating on 19 Jan 2017 and on 27 Jan 2017 it has gone to prep for Decision. Is this a record?

I had the DBQ's done on this when I turned in the claim.   Initially they put in that this would be finished between Jul 2017 to Jan 2018. Getting the DBQ's completed cuts months from the process.

Status of Your Claim

PREPARATION FOR DECISION

• Submitted: 01/19/2017 (Compensation)
  • Estimated Completion: 03/16/2017 - 05/03/2017

Current Status: Preparation for Decision

•  
Edited by pwrslm

Hi Gastone

I had 60% before I put in for increase. Still waiting for retro, its been 1 day, last time it took 3.

The VA has policy letters stating that it is their job to do this. Once I found them, I went to the Patient advocate, they didnt know.  Then I went directly to the Chief of Staff at the VAMC and it took them less than a week to get me to the right contact.  I was sent  to the C&P section, and they gave me an appointment (3 weeks and 5 days away) after tossing it around to supervisors for 15 minutes.  I just showed up and they did my C&P exams.

Tie in w/the Affordable Care Act that gave us Obummercare, it put the onus on the VA to be our provider.  They now give us validation for the IRS that we have coverage so the VA owns the duty now.

See this;

Department of Veterans Affairs Veterans Health Administration Washington, DC 20420
VHA DIRECTIVE 1134 Transmittal Sheet November 28, 2016
PROVISION OF MEDICAL STATEMENTS AND COMPLETION OF FORMS BY VA HEALTH CARE PROVIDERS

c. VA Medical Facility Director. The VA medical facility Director is responsible for:
(1) Establishing and implementing a written facility policy addressing the following:
(a) Completion of VA Medical Forms by VA Medical Facility Health Care Providers. VA health care providers are responsible for completing VA medical forms, in either electronic or paper formats, to support the delivery of patient care. A patient or their personal representative (see definition for personal representative) may request that VA health care providers complete the medical forms on the patient’s behalf. Examples of VA medical forms completed upon patient or beneficiary request include, but are not limited to:
1. Application for clothing allowance form,
2. Aid and Attendance (A&A) pension forms,
3. Housebound pension forms,
4. Survivors pension forms,
5. Vocational rehabilitation forms,
6. Disability Benefits Questionnaires (DBQ), and
7. Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) life insurance forms. NOTE: For more information on VBA life insurance programs and forms, please visit the VBA website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/insurance/index.asp.

1. Examples of non-VA forms include, but are not limited to:
a. Family Medical Leave Act forms,
b. Life insurance application forms,
c. Non-VA disability retirement forms,
d. Return to work/work status forms,
e. Medical clearance forms (e.g., for activities, oral surgery/dental work, school/college, therapeutic work programs, etc.),
f. State and federal workers’ compensation forms. NOTE: Requirements for completing workers’ compensation forms may vary from state to state. Questions regarding completion of these forms should be referred to the facility Medical Statements and Forms (MS&F) point of contact (POC),
g. Permits (e.g. state driver’s license, handicap parking forms, etc.),
h. Medical necessity or accommodation forms (e.g., for equipment or supplies, transit, utilities, etc.),
i. Capacity evaluation forms (e.g., functional, mental health, etc.),
j. Social Security Administration (SSA) examination forms,
k. Death certificates

Edited by pwrslm