VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I NEED SOME ADVICE

Rate this question

pctinc2001

Question

I am 70% with ptsd and lumbar strain. I have sinced been diagnosed with DMII, Hypertention and sleep apnea with a cpap machine. How or can I SC any of my diagnoses. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

1 answer to this question

Service connection for High blood pressure, sleep apnea, and DMii are similar to the others.  

You need documentation of:

1.  A current diagnosis

2. In service event or aggravation

3.  Nexus or medical link between 1 and 2.  

OR

For secondary service connection you need:

1.  A current diagnosis

2.  A nexus or medical link between your service connected disability and your current diagnosis.  

So, you should order your cfile and review your records.  If a doctor stated something similar to

"The Veteran's PTSD is at least as likely as not the cause of the Veteran's sleep apnea".  

There is a link between PTSD and sleep apnea, but you have to have a doctor say that about YOU.  

Since I have not reviewed your records, I have no idea if you have any nexus statments in your file.  

If you want service connection for your above conditions, you are gonna need evidence either the "primarY" or secondary, above.  

If your medical records do not contain said evidence, then you will likely need an IME/IMO.  

Edited by broncovet