VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD/Appeal Submitted, Approved Now What?

Rate this question

aplcr0331

Question

My appeal to have my OSA service connected rating back dated to my original claim was completed in December. I've waited for the letter, but nothing. Just today I noticed that my effective date for the service connection on the OSA has actually been changed to 2004. I'm still waiting for the letter, but does that mean I'll receive back pay? I filed my initial claim two months after leaving active duty in 2004. The VA denied service connection because they did not have all of the information. I re-submitted for the OSA service connection, which they agreed was service connected but the effective date was 2014. I filed the appeal/NOD back in 2015 and it just now finished.

Old effective date was 2014.

New effective date is 2004.

Will I get retro pay?

3 answers to this question

Aplcr0331, if, under the disabilities tab in ebenefits the effective date next to your obstructive sleep apnea changed to 2004, then yes,  you should receive backpay.  Have you called the 800 number and explained that you have not received your letter,  it's possible that they could fax it to you if it's been sent out and you havent received it after a certain period of time.  I would also submit an Iris Inquiry.  Good luck!