VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC exam for Ptsd, anxiety, depression

Rate this question

oldtimer92

Question

Hello All, 

Put in 1 claim for anxiety and depression and 1 for ptsd(noncombat). Had QTC exam today.. Doctor said I have signs of ptsd but dont meet full criteria for it. Definitely have anxiety and depression. But he couldnt say if my issues are more of the ptsd or the depression, but I needed to continue counseling. So is this good or bad?

UPDATE: This is what the status of my claim changed to as of this morning. 

I submitted SMR, lay statements and VA clinic medical records, also had a C&P exam thru QTC for anixety and PTSD. Now they are wanting this, what gives? Are they trying to help me or give more reason to deny claim.

We need specific details of the stressful incident(s) in service that resulted in post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It is important that you read the following information and respond to our request within 30 days from the date of this letter. If you do not respond, VA may deny your claim. 

* Complete and return the enclosed questionnaire. If you are not able to provide the exact date of the incident, please indicate the location and approximate time (a 2-month specific date range) of the stressful event(s) in question. 
* Provide reports of private physicians, if any, who have treated you for this condition since discharge. The reports should include clinical findings and diagnosis. 
* If you have been treated for this condition at a VA medical facility, furnish the date(s) and place(s). We will obtain the report(s).

• HadIt.com Elder

They may not have got your records or just not reading them,?? sounds like they want your dates and places  your stressors occured, if you sent them all this  resend it and hi-lite the parts for your dates and place of your stressors, let them know what VAMC treated you for this  CONDITION  and if you were treated for your streeors let them know the location send those medical records too....you need to send documentation about your stressor's that cause  what your claiming (PTSD) dates /and places they occurred.

"If you are not able to provide the exact date of the incident, please indicate the location and approximate time (a 2-month specific date range) of the stressful event(s) in question. "

Buck is right. They probably will need to have the stressor(s)verified by JSRRC unless there is significant evidence in your military records.

JSRRC ( Joint Services Records Research Center) needs as many details as possible on the stressors.

Have you attempted to get some buddy statements as well?

Edited by Berta

I found this in one of your past posts:

Thank you both. The exam was for both claims. I do have current diagnosis from Va mental health psychologist of generalized anxiety disorder which also includes depression diagnosis. He has also referred me to see psychiatrists to get correct medicine. Both stressors have to do with near death event while an active duty and the psychologist is the one that really pointed out to me that I keep living in the past and can't get past it and the trigger was the death or my sister(my best friend) and then her husband 2 months later and coping with that because we live right across the street from one another."

http://community.hadit.com/topic/69002-qtc-exam-for-ptsd-anxiety-depression/?page=3#comment-427349

You will need proof of the "near death event while on active duty" if this is not documented in your SMRs or personnel file.

Thanks Buck52 and Berta,

I have copies of my medical and the event, with dates are in there along with some of the info. But my reports does not got into detail regarding the things that occurred while I was in ICU, like the hemorraging, blood transfusions, etc at the hospital. I did send in a Buddy statement from my roommate that was there with me thru the whole thing.