VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How can I get C&P results from VA Contractor

Rate this question

Navyguy2013

Question

I am trying to figure out how to obtain the results from a C&P exam performed by a VA contracted C&P exam.

I had a C&P exam from a VA contractor (LHI-Bowie) and I am trying to obtain the results from this exam.

While at the VA contracted LHI-Bowie C&P exam, I asked the nurse how I could get a copy of this exam. She told me that the request would have to go through the VA, as LHI-Bowie just forwards the results to the VA.

So after the exam I sent a Freedom of Information Act Request to the VA requesting the C&P exam results for the exam conducted by LHI-Bowie.

After sending this letter, I got a letter back from the VA. The letter had a blank VA form 10-5345 in it, and a note stating: “This is the proper Form you need to fill out so we can send the record to LHI-Bowie“.

I don’t want to send anything to LHI-Bowie, I want to get a copy of the results of my C&P exam from either LHI-Bowie or the VA. How should I go about that?

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I got my QTC contracted out PTSD C&P Exam report from the VBA Office at my VAMC, After about 3 weeks from the date of the exam!  Just Go up to the window at the VBA Office sign a form and write down on it what your there for  Request a copy of your last contracted out C&P exam Report.

Edited by Buck52

35 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I got my QTC contracted out PTSD C&P Exam report from the VBA Office at my VAMC, After about 3 weeks from the date of the exam!  Just Go up to the window at the VBA Office sign a form and write down on it what your there for  Request a copy of your last contracted out C&P exam Report.

Buck does it take 3 weeks for that information to be available?  I need to get mine from the VA CP and 2 different QTC exams, hoping I can get them all next week from ROI ;)  it will have been 2 weeks then.

• HadIt.com Elder

Well when I had my QTC C&P Exam, After the exam was over  I ask the examiner when I could get a copy of my exam? she said she would put everything in the computer and send it to the VA   She said it usually takes them a week or 2 to finish up  and I should be able to retrieve a copy of it then.

what you can do if convenient  go to your VBA Office and request those C&P Exams on those dates...they should  be able to make you a copy  if the VA is finished processing them  but usually by then a decision has been made.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

Well when I had my QTC C&P Exam, After the exam was over  I ask the examiner when I could get a copy of my exam? she said she would put everything in the computer and send it to the VA   She said it usually takes them a week or 2 to finish up  and I should be able to retrieve a copy of it then.

what you can do if convenient  go to your VBA Office and request those C&P Exams on those dates...they should  be able to make you a copy  if the VA is finished processing them  but usually by then a decision has been made.

I am waiting on the VA to do more stuff so I will check when I go next week to get copies of both my VA and QTC exams, thank Buck!