VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thank you for your help

Rate this topic

wes1

I just want to say thank you for all the help I received here.  After fighting the VA for 7 years I was finally granted 100% percent P & T disability. It actually happened quite quick after finally firing my attorney and following the information that I found on this site.  I have recommended it to several other veterans that have been on the hamster wheel as well as the VSO from my county.  At the same time I was granted the P&P I was granted SMC1.  God Bless each and everyone one of you.  Keep up the fight.

I am always available to help or answer questions if I can.

Wes

That is Wonderful News Wes!

I hope the P & T EED is correct.

CHAPTER 35 and CHAMPVA ( I believe as well)  have conditions that might (not sure) bring refunds over out of pocket expenses for dependent med care, within the EED timeframes of  the P & T award. I say might- not sure on CHAMPVA but will find out.

I know Chapter 35 does. When my initial Chapter 35 ran out, I paid either 6 or 8 thousand more to finish my degree at AMU.

I subsequently received another posthumous award letter for SC death of my husband  that gave me a new entitlement date for CHAP 35 and also ,with proof of my out of pocket tuition payments, VA refunded the entire  amount, due to the new award letter.

This link from VBN (Yuku) indicates how to recover some CHAMPVA expenses,that occurred prior to getting the 100% P & T award letter.The info is about 4 years old but I dont think it has changed.It is also in the Champva pamphlet as well I am sure.

http://vets.yuku.com/topic/100874/CHAMPVA-and-claims#.WJcw5BsrJhE

CHAMPVA can be applied for on line at their web site.

Like one of the replyers at VBN, I too had a small problem with my pharmacy ,and I  called the number in the Pamphlet and CHAMPVA called the Pharmacist up and the error was fixed in less than 15 minutes.

• HadIt.com Elder

Way to go wes1 yahoooooooooooooooo Buddy

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use