VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thank you for your help

Rate this topic

wes1

Congratulations!   

Now you can look into the other benefits when you are 100% P and T, some of which are unique to your state.  

MY state gives free hunting and fishing licenses to P and T 100%'rs, plus free license plates. And, they give Disabled Vets a deal on taxes, reducing your property taxes.  

There should be a link to state benefits, as well as the federal benefits.  For example, you should get CHAMPVA for your spouse and Chapter 35 education for your kids.  

Champva and Chapter 35 are worth thousands of dollars for your family.  Champva means your wife gets health insurance, and Champva is the very best health insurance I have ever encountered.  (Oh, and Champva is free to spouses of 100% P and T vets)

Chapter 35 means your college kids can collect money, each month, they are in college full time.  Its an awesome benefit for your kids who want to go to school.  I think they can use Ch 35 for some (VA approved) Votech classes, too, in case one of your kids wants to go to school to be a HVAC technician and does not want a "regular" college degree, but wants to learn a trade to work with his hands and his head.  

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use