VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Current wait times on claims

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

OK i have requested my entired C file and its saying one to two years on e bennefits and i put in for aid and attandance around same time is saying june to november of this year.. are they both correct i know ebenefits can be wrong but sometimes its been dead on with wait times.. can anyone chime in if they know what current wait times are.. should it take longer for a c file.. i mean 2 years i think bit crazy but i remmber when claims where taking 2 years not so long ago.. thanks guys

4 answers to this question

The wait times vary greatly from RO to RO.  Also, we generally do not trust the wait times VA publishes, because they tend to publish numbers that make their executives look good.  

You can look on the monday morning reports, however, if you like:

http://benefits.va.gov/reports/detailed_claims_data.asp

According to that report, avg claims are about 115 days.  If you believe that, then you beleive the polls that says Hilary Clinton will win the election.  

• HadIt.com Elder

I believe all c-files have been change over to the VBMS system  or being converted over, you might try the RMC in St Louis  and send them a FOIA and request a redacted complete copy.

I understand all c-files are at the claims intakce center  being processed and converted over to digitize cd format.

but they maybe doing that at the RMC also?...Maybe request c-file from both?

Back in 2014 I requested my c-file and heard nothing for a year  then I contacted the RMC in St Louis and requested it and received it with in 4 months  in CD format.  However the packet it came in was from the claims Intake Center  in Janesville Wi.  so who trully knows?

I was totally supprised to get it in CD Form.

Edited by Buck52

Broncovet has a good perspective with utilizing the Monday morning reports - The Houston VA has been on target with these projections- in talking to around 10 Veterans - claims here in South Texas seem to be processing faster. 

It actually seems like that 115-122 days mark is spot on currently. I would give the VA more credit nowadays. My claim just moved onto the Prep for notification today and its at 110 days so far since i submitted it back in October. A lot of my friends also have had their claims done in as little as 2 months up to 6 months just this last year.