VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Its official, I won SSDI

Rate this topic

killemall

I went before a social security judge a month ago and I just got the letter from the judge today.

I am now considered disabled by the US Government!!!!!

Im getting back pay of $2300 a month times 26 months.

I think thats 58k or so but 6k will be going to my lawyer.

As far as I know there is no tax so I should get a check for around 50k.

Ive been unemployed for three years and struggling to scrap by so this is truly a God send!!!!!

Ironically the same exact issues that get me 70% from the VA got me a Disabled decision from the Social Security Administration.

The VA rates me...

50% hearing loss

10% tinitus

10% left shoulder

10% right shoulder

10% right wrist

For a total of 70%

I really cannot believe this!!!!!!!!!!

I feel truly blessed!!!!

I was devastated a year ago when I paid Dr. Bash 9k to do IMEs and the VA still kept me at 70%.

My lawyer says his letter is what got me considered disabled!!!!!

So it ended up working out for me.

Thank you Dr. Bash!!!!!!!!

70% from the VA plus the Social Security disibility monthly money combined is more than I ever would have gotten from being 100% from the VA.

I get 1650 from the VA and 2300 from Social security Disibility.

3950 a month tax free!!!!!!!!!!!

I can finally rest.....

I applied for SSDI 100% T&P 50asthma sleep apnea 20L/R Shoulder 30PTSD/Mental combine 10Tinitus 30Fungus 30Skin 20Back etc. I Applied online didn't use lawyer Quick Disability Decision process ongoing. My question is do I've to request a RFC letter complete by my PCP and  psych doctor are will the SSA send the form to them. Also, when can I expect a decision render will the VA give them access to my medical file. Thank you for your support Hooah! Application submitted December 21, 2016 I've not work since December 2015

Edited by Troop51
Add more to text

Sorry Troop51, Im too new to this to answer your question.

Bronovet. Youare absolutely correct. Im married but we live at seperate residences right now.

Will have to wait and see how that plays out.

Bottom line is that I will definitly get more than my current 1650 from the VA and for that I am grateful.

Killemall -that is Great news.

"

"Ironically the same exact issues that get me 70% from the VA got me a Disabled decision from the Social Security Administration.

The VA rates me...

50% hearing loss

10% tinitus

10% left shoulder

10% right shoulder

10% right wrist

For a total of 70%."

Did the VA consider you for TDIU at that time? If not, why not ? They might have committed CUE in that decision.

If the SSA awarded solely for the SCs, you could re-open for TDIU with the Notice of the award letter. And file CUE as well ( if you can scan and attach their Reasons and Basis for not awarding TDIU-or maybe they didnt even consider it we could tell what you could do next . Cover  file, name, address etc prior to scanning it )

"I was devastated a year ago when I paid Dr. Bash 9k to do IMEs and the VA still kept me at 70%."

Did the VA consider his IMO at all in the 70% decision?

"My lawyer says his letter is what got me considered disabled!!!!!"   you mean for SSDI, but not for VA?

Your SSDI effective date could bring you that same date for TDIU...I say 'could', depends on other factors...

This is Great News and I feel your relief.

"Ironically the same exact issues that get me 70% from the VA got me a Disabled decision from the Social Security Administration."

That should never happen---what I mean is SSDI rated my husband ( 30% SC then)as  totally disabled by his SC PTSD, per SSDI....based solely on his VA medical records.

They lied and said SSA refused to release his SSA records. SSA did release them -I found out they had never even requested them from SSA and they awarded 100% P & T for PTSD with the same very favorable EED SSA had determined.But then my husband had been dead for almost 3 years.He should have seen his 100% SC in his lifetime.

It took SSA a few months to make their determination.My husband filed the claim with VA in 1992. They awarded the retro as accrued in 1997.There is Plenty wrong with that picture.

Maybe the VA claims process should be outsourced to SSDI.Their employees can read.

VA refused ( even with 2 double DRO review) to read my  IMO from Dr Bash.2005.So it would not surprise me if they did not read your IMO from him.

If they did not consider it and list it as evidence in the 70% decision , that is CUE under 38 CFR 4.6.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use