VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Way Too Comfortable For Nothing

Rate this question

cowboys4life

Question

It seemed like a life time ago I posted what I thought was a success story for my claim of tdiu among other things, only to find out that that was not the case at all. I did go from 60% to 90% and I am thankful for that and also I do have a roof over my head. If you go look back at some of my posts I stated that the hearing judge pledged to do  all she could to give me my benefits as far back as she could. My claim is back with her and ebennies says that she has had my file in her possession since the 17th of Jan. and she is working my claim. However, I learned that even if it says that it is with the administrative law judge ,does not necessarily means she is actually working my specific claim, per DAV  at the BVA. So where is my claim and who knows how to actually pin down that info. Of course the BVA status line says the same each time I call, "still with the judge no decision".

1 answer to this question

Not really familiar with your particular situation and I've never been to the BVA.

With that said, I did have to wait 4.25 yrs for a DRO Hearing 06/14. During that waiting period, I did get other Awards, CAD, SA, PTSD and an IU Denial in 09/12. Both 2010 NOD and 9/12 IU NOD Awarded 06/14, so the wait was worth it.

Instead of chasing your tail, trying to track down the BVA Law Judge, sit back and try to relax. Your going to know the disposition of your Case in the near future. Exactly how long did it take you to get to this point? Less than (5) yrs?

Your BVA adventure is almost over, you either win or your next stop is the CAVC.

Semper Fi