VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU worth the possibility of Rating Reduction

Rate this question

killemall

Question

Im currently rated 70% from the VA

50% hearing loss

10% tinitus

10% left shoulder

10% right shoulder

10% right wrist

I was recently awarded Social Security Disibility (SSDI)

My award letter states Social Security Disibility benifits are awarded due to...

Hearing loss

Tinitus

Right wrist

Left shoulder

Right shoulder

Meiners disease

*SO BASICALLY ALL THE SAME DISIBILITIES OTHER THAN THE MEINERS DISEASE*

I want to go give the VA copies of my social security award letter...

But I am terrified that they may make me do a c@p exam?????

I know my VA conditions have not improved bit all it takes is an evil or incompetent VA Dr. Saying somthings slightly improved and then my hearing loss or wrist ect. gets reduced in rating.

Is there a way to avoid c@p exams?

Does every TDIU applicant do a new c@p exam?

I feel that Im deserving, afterall the US goverment just said Im disabled for the same disibilities that are from my military service....

But the thought of c@ps and possible reduction is terrifying.

Im thinking about just giving the VA my Social Security award letter and hoping they can put two and two together and just infer TDIU on their own.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

On 2/22/2017 at 4:04 PM, killemall said:

Thank you everyone

I used voc rehab to get my bachelors in business.  I graduated last October but I still have 36 months of voc rehab benifit remaining.

I have a detailed 10 page letter from Dr bash that does include the verbage that I cant work due to disibilities.

I understand Dr Bash is pretty expensive?

You have 2 choices:

1.  Let "fear of reduction" rule your life, and prevent you from seeking benefits you deserve.  

2.  Overcome this fear with knowledge, wisdom, and perserverance.  

Of course, VA hopes you will choose number 1, above.  They even help VSO's proliferate the myth that VA can reduce you instead, whenever you apply for an increase.  But, if you read the regulations regarding reductions, you will see there is "0" evidence that VA can reduce you when you apply for an increase, where they would not/could not reduce you without applying for an increase.  If you are "ripe" for a reduction, the VA will likely try to reduce you.  That is, if your conditions have "actually improved under ordinary conditions of life" (which means while working.  Disabled people dont generally work, while healthy people, under ordinary conditions of life, do work)  

Reductions in rating occur independently from whether or not you seek an increase.  The key here is if your condition has improved since your last rating decision, then you are likely to get a reduction.  

5 hours ago, Tbird said:

@RVoorhis Dr Bash recently went through the loss of his mother and became unresponsive to some veterans on the board. You should do some research on recent work by any individual you plan to hire.

That explains why I haven't heard from him, thanks for that information! I used Dr Brett Valette for my PTSD claim and was recently awarded 70% after two denials, he did a great job! I just used him again for TDIU. I just emailed Dr Anaise I read a lot of great things about him on this forum.

I agree with Bronco on this one,  I highly doubt your hearing has improved and 10% ratings you can look up each and every single one and look at the rating criteria as well.   If you file for IU, more than likely you will be sent for CP exams for every single rating you hold.  That is common practice and because your SSDI is not based soley on service connected disabilities the VA that is more likely than not going to be the case.  I would not let fear be your guide honestly.  If you can get your hearing loss connected by a professional that it was caused by menieres that was not diagnosed earlier,  THAT would be golden!!  Menieres is no joke.  I feel for you, balance disorders suck!!  If it were me, I would go for it but everyoone has to make their own choice and pros and cons..........all the best!!  

I utilized "exactly" what Broncovet stated in the above quote - "development to deny" - block .....

When I got my IMO, this was the perfect strategy for me.  The outside IMO also contributes to the process. If  the VA is seeking to decrease the rating. this outside opinion has rated you on a standard that will be difficult ....( not impossible) to decrease.