VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressional Help with Claim

Rate this question

dolfanbls

Question

I am going on nine years of waiting for my notice of disagreement to be settled.  I went before the BVA in May 2016 and was sent back to the regional office for further review in October 2016. 

I was wondering if my congressman would be able to help me out in this matter and I do not want to stall the progress of my claim or cause any conflicts any recommendations would be appreciated. 

I have a financial hardship in on my case also. I was told this would help my case to be speed up but it looks like it has stalled again at the RO.

I would send a letter to the RO or better yet if possible go to them in person. You could also try to call the RO and talk to the supervisor. Trying to use your congressman at this stage my get you a less desirable outcome.

On 2/10/2017 at 7:50 AM, dolfanbls said:

I have a financial hardship in on my case also. I was told this would help my case to be speed up but it looks like it has stalled again at the RO.

I don't know how this applies in the context of an appeal remand - Or if it really has any actual effect except to create more bureaucracy:

III.ii.1.D.3.a.  How a Claimant Establishes He/She is Experiencing Extreme Financial Hardship

If a claimant states that he/she is experiencing extreme financial hardship and submits documentation to support the assertion, accept the claimant’s statement as factual.

Documentation to support the assertion of extreme financial hardship includes, but is not limited to,
  • an eviction notice or statement of foreclosure
  • notices of past-due utility bills, and/or
  • collection notices from creditors.
Important:  A Veterans Service Center Manager (VSCM) or Pension Management Center Manager (PMCM) may designate that a claim requires priority processing because of extreme financial hardship even though the documentation described in this block does not exist.

Remember:  Append the Hardship corporate flash to a claimant’s record when extreme financial hardship has been adequately demonstrated.

Email the new VA secretary,  David Shulkins.  Google David Shulkins email address and it will pop up. Nine years is absolutely ridiculous and I guarantee if you email the VA Secretary you WILL get a response from your RO.  I would email him today,  be as detailed as possible and be SURE to include your claim/ssn, phone number, which RO has your claim,  and include your hardship situation. If you can't locate his email, let me know and I will provide it to you.  Good luck!!

Actually it's David Shulkin, not Shulkins, darn spellchecker 

• HadIt.com Elder

flores97

it can be shulkins  if he does the right thing.:wink: