VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressional Help with Claim

Rate this question

dolfanbls

Question

I am going on nine years of waiting for my notice of disagreement to be settled.  I went before the BVA in May 2016 and was sent back to the regional office for further review in October 2016. 

I was wondering if my congressman would be able to help me out in this matter and I do not want to stall the progress of my claim or cause any conflicts any recommendations would be appreciated. 

I have a financial hardship in on my case also. I was told this would help my case to be speed up but it looks like it has stalled again at the RO.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have given up with my congresswoman and her staff.  I supported her with donations and have filed many complaints about the VA to her.  She demands that I bring a copy of my DD214 for each new inquiry I make about the VA.   I try and set up appointments to talk to her or her staff and they never call back so in my own case I find congress and senators to be worthless.   I believe if you can get to the new VA secretary before they get immune to the pleas of vets you may get somewhere with them.   They soon become callus like all the rest because there are hundreds of thousands of vets who claim benefits from the VA.  When they finally acknowledge that they system is broken beyond fixing they stop helping IMO.  With the VARO I am not sure what helps besides just constant squeaking like a rusty wheel.  When I am motivated to get something from the I just take aim and try to flood them with evidence even if I have to produce it myself with IMO's and anything that helps my case.  You know the VA often ignores or fails to list all the evidence in a claim.  I use buddy statements, my own statements, doctor's statements, SMR's and the IMO which besides direct evidence from SMR's to be most important. If you don't have or are not willing to get an IMO you can usually expect to lose your claim especially if you claim secondary conditions.

I just got a call from the VBA Leadership Team and they have got the ball rolling, They have flagged my case as a priority and have requested a new C&P appointment. They have also  said I would be getting back pay for my awarded disability as it will be processed as of today.

Edited by dolfanbls

What SC was "Awarded as of today"?  What's the "New C & P Exam" all about?

I may have missed it, did you ever post the Back Story to your 9-year wait? 

Who was your Representative throughout these 9 yrs? Did you try the DRO Review or Hearing before deciding on the BVA?

Semper Fi

Here is the backstory on my claims. I had to take a medical retirement from the VA (08) due to SC back issues. I requested an increase for my back, depressive disorder and IU. I was granted 10% for the depressive disorder but denied increase in back and IU, I filed a NOD and was denied again. I decided on the BVA hearing and hired an attorney (15). I had the BVA hearing and was awarded 30% depressive disorder and remanded back and IU. I had a C&P for my back and they did not record my forward flexation but recorded all other movements.(Dublin, GA) BVA has requested a new C&P from another Medical Center (Charleston, SC). I will make sure all movements are recorded this time.

I was awarded 30% for my depressive disorder retroactive back to May 16.

On 3/19/2017 at 6:39 PM, john999 said:

I try and set up appointments to talk to her or her staff and they never call back so in my own case I find congress and senators to be worthless.   I believe if you can get to the new VA secretary before they get immune to the pleas of vets you may get somewhere with them.   They soon become callus like all the rest because there are hundreds of thousands of vets who claim benefits from the VA.

good advice- Yes, to help veterans, the cong team would essentially have to do the absurd and set up a shadow VA to work claims correctly

• HadIt.com Elder

Have you contacted a law firm? Maybe you could call Chisholm, Chisholm, and Kilpatrick. They took over once the BVA denied me. My situation took 18 years to resolve.