VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

THOUGHT I HAD A WINNER.....

Rate this question

63Charlie

Question

Disappointed in the quality of legal help I recently received by a veterans law group.

I sent the firm copies of all of my NODs and a copy of my C-file.

All of the decisions that I wanted to appeal, I had previously filed NODs

I received a letter stating, "GOOD NEWS!" that we have filed a Notice(s) of Disagreement on my behalf.

I allow time to pass and decide I'd like a copy of what the "good news" is that they sent the VA.

I was promptly emailed a copy of their new NOD, per my request.

Once I review their documents, I find that they have appealed EVERY DECISION made by the VA.

I notified my case manager of my disappointment in their "shotgun" strategy for my appeals.

They appealed the only two fully favorable VA decisions which I have received that are service connected at the MAXIMUM rating.

WTH?

And if that wasn't enough, they decided to change my appeal process from a traditional appeal, to a DRO review.

I have zero confidence in getting a fair and impartial DRO review based upon past experiences with the raters at my VARO.

Looks like I'm back to square one again.

Edited by 63Charlie

Thanks Buck.

Stress dealing with the VA bs is something I find difficult.

Seems as in my case, the VA could swallow a horse and have the tail hanging out of their mouth and deny it.

Edited by 63Charlie

• HadIt.com Elder

I understand 63charlie

You should request a DRO Hearing, you need to try to get this  solved at the RO Level if you can other wise your headed to the BVA wait line and that means years ...and no telling how many years.

While in VA appeals talk to 2 people:

1.  Your lawyer.

2.  A counselor (Psychiatrist).  You are gonna need it.  Dont expect your lawyer to be your Psychiatrist, comforting you for 10 years while you wait on appeals.  Get a real psychiatrist.  As Berta said once, if you dont have PTSD before you apply at the VA, you will by the time you are done.