VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Backlog Grows Despite NWQ

Rate this question

MikeHunt

Question

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/02/14/va-disability-claims-backlog-grows-despite-paperless-fix.html

In short, VA decided scattering claims all over was going to help-

In addition to points in the article, especially the cong's astute observation, people don't want to work hard claims, and send them along by various means, so someone else gets them.

If you got assigned something, and saw it through from start to finish- As you might imagine, you have more familiarity with the claim, and more ownership.

• HadIt.com Elder

The reason they pass the Buck is( in their thinking anyway)   if your RO is fully booked   then passing the Buck to another RO that has time on their hands (so to speak)  and  your claim will be processed faster...its my understanding of it anyway.

Couple years ago I filed a claim and  the Claims Intake Center sent it to Saltlake City Utah...My RO is in Tx

I believe most of the claims being processed now days are handle by the Claims Intake Center.

jmo

• HadIt.com Elder

This is all just in time for the coming war with Iran.  If all the 20 million vets knew how badly they were being screwed they would fly, drive, run, walk or crawl to Washington D. C.  and burn down the capitol and cut off the heads off all those criminals who rule our society.     Of course as soon as the masses converged  the criminals running the nation would call out the same military we served  to gas, burn, shoot and crush us.   Thomas Jefferson said that "The Tree of Liberty Needs to be Watered with the Blood of Patriots" from time to time.   Now is the time before the next war.   I don't believe for one moment that things are going to change by themselves.  The current vets of today will soon be forgotten by the next crop of  vets from the next war that is brewing as we speak.   Who besides some people in their late 60's and 70's even remembers the War in Vietnam today?  Does anyone remember that there was a war in Korea that cost 35,000 lives?  I am not saying  Dems or Republicans are the guilty parties in this fiasco.  There is no difference.  They are different sides of the same crooked coin.  We have been at war since the end of WW11.  The military-industrial-financial complex is good at one thing ......producing disabled vets.  They are terrible at taking care of them after they come home.  The servants (Us)  are just a small cost of doing business for the our corporate Masters  (.001%).

• HadIt.com Elder

I didn't know until a decision was made, then got an unofficial letter from DAV SO from Saltlake City Utah.

before that most of my claims were processed at my RO here in Tx.

It's the  Claims Intake Center that processes the claims out.

You can go into your regional office or POA, county officer and ask them to look in VBMS notes. As soon as the VSR has done it's task (say they request Service records), the claim gets 'woosked' into the ether (station 499) until the tracked item is due. Where it lands, nobody knows.

With NWQ, I do wonder if some stations will end up being closed due to poor performance; I do fantasize ...

Atlanta got it's RPO taken away ...