VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Can you receive a rating without compensation?

Rate this question

Keith0811

Question

I received my VA package last week. In the letter it showed the breakdown of what was service related and what was not. I have several things that was service related but 0% which I understand is covered medically but I will not receive pay for. I have to service related items that equaled *0%, however my total rating given is 70%. I did not receive anything else in the package about what or when I will start receiving pay. I have called the VA and they have opened an inquiry as to why that was not in there. My question is this... Can they give you a rating of 70% disability but not award you compensation pay? Thank you for your help

3 answers to this question

No, if they gave you 70% you will receive comp pay.  

However, you will not receive any pay until you satisfy any monies you may have gotten in the past, like separation pay, and I am sure there are other types of pay.  I was initially rated a 30%, then 40 and then 60 before I got any money.  I had to pay back my $64,000 involuntary separation pay.  E8 at 14 years.  I only had to pay back $37,000 because of the VA no tax.  I did not get any VA comp money for three years.

Also, your money might be going somewhere else???

Go on eBenefits and check your payments record.  You will see if they sent you any money.  

That said, do you have a direct deposit set up with the VA?

Hamslice

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

SC at 0% is still a good thing. If those conditions ever meet criteria for 10% or higher, you can file for an increase.