VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clothing Allowance

Rate this question

Grunt509

Question

Hello All!

I know it is time to get out letters to remind us about submitting for the annual clothing allowance.

I was reading the topics last year and submitted a few. I figured I would submit this one since I am not sure if anyone was still looking at those.

Just reaching out to find out of the outcomes. Mine was border line on approval since I fall in the hinges being covered by cloth and the Velcro straps.

Have you all successfully received yours or is it still on appeal?

See, I wear BDU pants. I can adjust them well when using my back brace. It is funny how they say the braces do not wear on the inside of the clothing. After wearing my knee braces, the Velcro looks like it has toe jams from it scraping the inside of my pant legs. It is too funny.

It never occurred to me to file for the Capsaisin HP cream or the Lidocain cream I put on several times a day for the chronic pain. It goes on my neck to my hips and down my legs. Had anyone received the clothing allowance for those to creams?

Thank-you once again for any and all input!

I appreciate ya'll being out there in internet land!

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Mine is still stuck on appeal from November 2016.

When the VA clothing allowance policies were updated a couple of years back, it became evident that common sense is not so common. Moving a bunch of braces into the deny initially category because they "tend" to not wear out clothing is a poor way to go about it.

No idea about the creams though... I don't use them to treat an SC condition, but it does sound worth pursuing.

This is irritating! I am sorry you are still going through this. The odd part is, they say sure you can have two clothing allowances... Then they make it harder for you to get it with equipment they issue. Unnerving!

It was so much better when the end of August rolled around and *poof* there is was in your account. The former prez said he was helping us but gave us more hurdles to jump through.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I don't know if the former prez had any direct involvement in this one.

Who knows, but I can imagine it being a case of clothing allowance claims having a higher approval rate than regular claims. Can't have high approval rates for anything, so they had to adopt a policy increasing their initial denial rate.

This stuff really needs to change. Like I said before. Hey, we have something new for you! More money for items we give you that destroys your clothing but hey there is a flaming hoop you need to go through!

I wonder how many civilians would go through this stuff! It is funny, I guess that is what military training prepared us for! :lol: