VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

K Solo

Question

Just check ebenifits and seen my claim is in then prep for notification phase, anyway way to check if its a yea or nae before packet arrives. The wait, the not knowing, the logging in and out since this past fri got me wanting to know like yesterday. 

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

@K Solo Pace yourself, it could still be awhile and your claim could go back to pending again. I'm not saying that will happen, but it might. If you have a service officer you can call him/her. Good luck - hang in there. We've been there.

@Tbird, Im trying, I saw on there like at one point it said i had no dependents on file, then the last time i checked fri it had wifes name, dob & age, right above that it said these are the dependents we have on file for your current award, and last column after name,dob, age, is compensation in the award column. So its like a kid seeing candy but he just cant have it. Been like that since fri in the prep for notification stage. 

Several vet advocates do "not" Recommend using ebenefits, for some very good reasons, one of which you pointed out!

Another good reason is that its unreliable, distracting, time wasting, etc.  

"A watched pot never boils".  

Its like staring at a teapot waiting impatiently for it to boil.  Worse, its like watching paint dry.  

Better is to get a hobby and consume yourself with your hobby.  Go fishing.  Play Golf.  Go visit your children, friends, grandchildren.  Go to church.  Spend time on/with your spouse.  Ask about her needs.  Help her with her problems and you will forget about yours.  Read a good book.  Better yet, write one.  Laff.  Just about anything is better than worrying about your ebenefits/claim.  

Worry never robs tommorrow of its sorrow, only today of its happiness.  

Edited by broncovet

• Founder

@K SoloBelieve me I understand we all have at one time or another tried reading the tea leaves. I would say that is a positive that your dependents are showing. But you know don't count your chickens before they are hatched. Hang in there.

• HadIt.com Elder

prep for decision 

Simply means a VSR has made a decision with your claim and has sent it to the next VSR to recheck it for accuracy, it can take WEEKS before you will know of what the decision is  or MONTHS if they find something they missed then your claim will go back to the traditional claims process and they should let you know if they need anything else.

usually in prep for decision is a good thing and you should hear something with in 1 or 2 months either way.  you will probably hear or get a unofficial letter from your VSO. ANYTIME NOW.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think e benefits is a good thing  saves U.S. Postage for one, easy access to Most claim forms,

it can drive you crazy if you check it everyday, that's true.  and when their down for maintenance will drive you bonkers

But what I  have found is  after learning to use e benefits to my benefit and navigate around in it   to certain areas and how to use e benefits  upload things and downloads  , Print off things, letters, disability's and check your rating status and how they rated you and the dates ect,,ect,,

I was looking at my first historical claim and I was 50% rated back in 1998..so 2 years left on my 20 year claim no take away date for at least my 50%  & just 4 years left  on  my TDIU P&T disability...with the exception of PTSD which was just approved back in 2015 at 70%

I have one more claim in process and its at the prep for decision phase'' and just currently waiting for it to be decided one way or the other.

I think when they get most of the kinks worked out with e benefits  its a good thing for most veterans.