VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% schedular p&t

Rate this topic

flores97

RAN,  when you are found to be p&t it will say no future examinations scheduled,  the award letter will also say dependents eligible for education benefits from date xxxx.  Also,  when you log onto ebenefits and go to manage,  then click on documents and records,  then select VA letters,  and click on benefit verification it will also tell you if you are considered p&t. Yes,  there is a specific form you need to submit for IU,  I called the 1-800-827-1000 number and asked for the IU package to be mailed to me to complete.  Make sure if your requesting IU that you also get the prior employers form completed as well,  it should be included in the packet mailed to you.  When my prior employer told me they were not allowed to complete the form,  I filled it out myself as accurately as possible,  and I also included my last pay stub showing all of the sick hours I had used,  as well I submitted a statement in support of claim explaining that I had to complete the form myself,  and I made sure to state"Under penalty of perjury I declare all information to be true and accurate to the best of my knowledge." It also helps tremendously if you are found to be unemployable by Vocational Rehab, as well I had statements from my VA doctors stating that I am totally disabled. Good luck to you. 

Ran, well Ya. No Ticky, no washy! You haven't filed an IU Claim, why?

Your 90% SC, no "Inferred IU Claim" referenced in your last Award Letter?

How about posting a redacted copy of your 90% Rating Letter? P & T Ratings aren't that difficult for the Rater to Determine. There's either a possible chance for improvement or there isn't. Usually, the Rater will "Diary Date" your C-File for a C & P Re-Exam in 3 to 5 years from your award Date.

Age comes into play if your under 55, after which no future C & P Re-Exams are not to be scheduled unless you file a Secondary Condition Claim.

What SC (or SC's) make you unable to do even "Sedentary Work" that would provide a level of "Earned Income" above the VA SGI of $12,400 (about $240 per week) per yr under 65?

Semper fi

58 minutes ago, flores97 said:

RAN,  when you are found to be p&t it will say no future examinations scheduled,  the award letter will also say dependents eligible for education benefits from date xxxx.  Also,  when you log onto ebenefits and go to manage,  then click on documents and records,  then select VA letters,  and click on benefit verification it will also tell you if you are considered p&t. Yes,  there is a specific form you need to submit for IU,  I called the 1-800-827-1000 number and asked for the IU package to be mailed to me to complete.  Make sure if your requesting IU that you also get the prior employers form completed as well,  it should be included in the packet mailed to you.  When my prior employer told me they were not allowed to complete the form,  I filled it out myself as accurately as possible,  and I also included my last pay stub showing all of the sick hours I had used,  as well I submitted a statement in support of claim explaining that I had to complete the form myself,  and I made sure to state"Under penalty of perjury I declare all information to be true and accurate to the best of my knowledge." It also helps tremendously if you are found to be unemployable by Vocational Rehab, as well I had statements from my VA doctors stating that I am totally disabled. Good luck to you. 

Thanks for the "no future examinations required" checklist information. Mine was switched from 90 to 100% w/a phone call (not from me though!) since I wanted to defer my Sallie Mae WITHOUT interest charges: it's THE ONLY WAY w/ 100% VA disability. Everything else matches your description. My neurologist just wanted to keep tabs on me, but ALSO said to just leave or just say "bye" whenever I want. Now I will say "See Ya/" and get another cover letter too. That's a biggy to cut the ambilical cord from VA Healthcare :-o

Thanks again!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
On 3/24/2017 at 7:36 AM, RAN said:

How do you know when you are 100% P/T OR 100% IU ?  Will your award letter tell you that or do you have to put in paper work for P/T or IU.  I need to know what to do. Thanks

Semper FI

When I went to the ID card office a few years back, they would only accept the original award letter (which didn't say anything about P&T either). They looked for the blurb which stated dependents are eligible for chapter 35 dependent education benefits. I guess it may differ at other locations or my location was just a stickler.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use