VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD Processing Time

Rate this question

Jimmy2tymes

Question

Hi all,

I hope all you fine vets are doing well. I wanted to get some other vets experiences on how long it has taken your RO to review your NOD.  I submitted my NOD to the Roanoke RO on 12/24/2015 and elected the DRO review.  It's been sitting there collecting dust ever since and is currently at 420 days and counting.  I call Peggy on a regular basis and they give me the same sorry response that it's currently waiting on the DRO review.  They have also consistently told me that on average it takes the Roanoke RO 246 days to complete their NOD reviews.  That average hasn't changed over the last year despite the Monday morning reports showing that this RO is working over 14,000 appeals. So I'm not placing much confidence in the 246 day average. Also, the ebenefits website does indicate that my appeal was submitted but it's not showing any progress either.

Based on some posts from this site and some recent articles I came across on other sites, it looks that due to the appeals backlog I may actually be waiting even longer for a decision on the NOD....like upwards to 700 days just for the NOD decision itself (which doesn't factor the time it takes to process Form 9).  So does anyone have any input to share regarding how long it took your RO to complete their review of your NOD?  Just want to get  a good idea of what to expect going forward.  Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.

Hi all, 

Called Peggy today and they informed me that my appeal/NOD has finally been "assigned" to a DRO. I know this doesn't mean that a decision will be made anytime soon but am glad to hear that some type of progress is being made nonetheless .....especially since it's been about 15 months since I first submitted my NOD.

So just wanted to see if anybody has any experience of how long it took for a decision to made on your NOD once it was assigned to a DRO.  

Thanks in advance.  

My 06/14 DRO Hearing (decided to go Informal) awarded all Issues fro 2010 NOD and also Awarded 09/2012 IU NOD T & P No Future Exams.

12/15, VA Sr Rater or DRO did a Quality Review of a 07/15 SA Increase Denial. Reversed the Denial and Awarded bump for my SA from 50 to 100%, Retro back to mid 2014.

I don't recall you stating what "New & Material Medical Evidence" was submitted with your DRO Review request. When was the last time you submitted any type of Supporting Evidence for your DRO Review Appeal?

Semper fi

It is strange that it takes a longer period of time for the VA to process a NOD than it does to have a civilian go to a MEPS station, join the NAVY, go through boot camp, undergo background checks, go through NAVY SEAL training, and then complete a deployment in Afghanistan.

The military can take a civilian and make them a full up round in less time than it takes to make a NAVY SEAL.

Just saying....

Gaston, looks like the appeal process was pretty long for you but well worth the wait. 

As for the "New and Material Medical Evidence" I submitted, it was in the form of a  nexus letter from my doctor and was submitted with my NOD back in Dec 2015. I have not submitted any other supporting evidence since then and don't plan on too since that would probably further delay the process. I'm hoping that the nexus letter and NOD write-up will be enough to sway to DRO to reverse the claim denial.