VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CUE process

Rate this question

killab2068

Question

That is Definitely a CUE under 38 CFR 4.6.

If you file the CUE claim, under their VARO name and address,  put Attention to: and then put the Alphanumeric code that appears on the upper right hand side of the  decision, usually above the C file number.

That code contains  the initials of the last person who handled your claim.

And one way the VA can identify who these deficient raters are -when the swamp gets drained.

My current CUE now not only contains the initials of an individual, the  VcAA waiver has this same initial code and he called me up twice and verified they had my evidence, which he apparently s--t canned when he hung up.His name compares to the initials.

By virtue of the 5103 waiver error, that led to another major CUE they committed. Our DTA rights cannot be cued.

What they bugger by violating our DTA rights CAN be cued.

Edited by Berta

forgot to add:

"The VA's failure to consider and evaluate the evidence that the VA had in their possession manifestly altered the outcome of the decision dated July 17, 2015.

The effective date of the service connected skin disease was compensable on October 1, 2009 and would have increased the rating from 0 to 30 percent beginning 10/1/2009 to 03/16/2011."

Tell them of the DBQ you have, date, from Doctor XXXX, and state copy of it is attached and you want them to consider it properly and immediately revise their rating decision.

Berta, one of the things the review officer brought up at my CUE hearing was how many times he had to deny CUE claims simply because the veteran either didn't know who decided his/her claim or what date(s) the veteran was referring to, or that the CUE was so badly written, that he couldn't understand what the veteran was asking for.

Granted, we all aren't great writers, me included, but for something as important as a CUE=MONEY, if you are lacking in reading, writing...then either ask the American Legion, VFW...somebody to help you write it, or if push comes to shove, pay somebody to help you write it.

Also, as I've written in my other posts, the BEST way to deal with the VA, be it a CUE, IU.....is to not allow them to look for anything.

Supply them with the records, Dr. statements, C&P exams, Nexus letters....don't make them look for them in your files, because in all honesty, they-VA, hate looking for stuff!