VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is there a way to get more details on the status of your claim than what you can see on eBenefits?

Rate this question

dsteele713

Question

My claim has been bouncing around the various stages for a while now. It was all the way at 'Preparation for Notification', and has moved as far back as 'Preparation for Decision'. I've tried calling the 1-800 number but wasn't really successful. Occasionally they were able to tell me things, like the fact that the examiner had received the VA's C&P exam, but that was about it. Is there someone I can talk to in order to find out where it's really at?

Sometimes you can get an idea if you log onto Ebenefits and check the status there, but the phone people don't really have access to your claim files and are as much at the mercy of the raters as anyone else- they can only see whats been updated by the raters. Your VSO can and will sometimes go check with the raters directly to see where your claim is at. They are usually located in the same place as your raters in the RO unless your claim was started with 1 VSO and in 1 location but then moved to another RO because of it being overworked or something. 

You could try a Fortune Teller for $20.00, or better yet, the "Old Black 8 Ball" that you swish around and read the answer in the bottom.  Both are probably as reliable as any VA telephone info.

Your already 80% SC, so this isn't your 1st Rodeo. Is your awaited Decision from an FDC or Reg A$$ Claim? FDC decisions have been reported in as little as 3 to 6 months, as compared to Reg A$$ Claim Decisions that can take upwards of 18 mos depending on the complexity of the evidence. Then there's the need for the Rating Dept Honcho's signature if the Retro is over $25?K. Everything adds a little more wait-time, but the $$ are worth the wait, right.

As always, your Retro will hit your Direct Deposit account well in advance of the VA Decision Letter. Be sure your DD Bank/CU account is set up to real-time Txt & Email you regarding all financial transactions. You might wake up to a happy surprise one morning.

I think every SC Retro Deposit I have received, over the last 6 yrs, hit my account after 6PM EST.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

when you get in e benefits  click on work in process ( as you know how to do that)

once you get to work in process  look at the date where it says your filing date

click on that..it will take you to claim status.

once there  there will be information about your claim   and on the sentences with a (?) at the end  hoover your mouse cursor over the >? and it will high-light a orange/pinkest color window and give you an explanation of your claim status.

On 2/23/2017 at 7:07 AM, Gastone said:

You could try a Fortune Teller for $20.00, or better yet, the "Old Black 8 Ball" that you swish around and read the answer in the bottom.  Both are probably as reliable as any VA telephone info.

Your already 80% SC, so this isn't your 1st Rodeo. Is your awaited Decision from an FDC or Reg A$$ Claim? FDC decisions have been reported in as little as 3 to 6 months, as compared to Reg A$$ Claim Decisions that can take upwards of 18 mos depending on the complexity of the evidence. Then there's the need for the Rating Dept Honcho's signature if the Retro is over $25?K. Everything adds a little more wait-time, but the $$ are worth the wait, right.

As always, your Retro will hit your Direct Deposit account well in advance of the VA Decision Letter. Be sure your DD Bank/CU account is set up to real-time Txt & Email you regarding all financial transactions. You might wake up to a happy surprise one morning.

I think every SC Retro Deposit I have received, over the last 6 yrs, hit my account after 6PM EST.

Semper Fi

This is my 2nd claim, on the first one it was fairly straightforward FDC claim. Turnaround time was extremely quick even for an FDC. A month after I filed I had a 70% rating, which later got bumped to 80% when they finished processing it, which I think took another month.

Call up the VA  director at the VARO. Tell me which RO and I'll give you the phone number. That presumes you do not have a VSO rep. If you do, call him/her and ask them to go onto the computer and look up the answer to your question in your c-file. 

^^^ You can see the same info the VA has if your county officer or POA (Legion, DAV, VFW, etc) has VBMS access. Your regional office might let you look at it.

The very first thing you want to check is VBMS 'Tracked Items' under the rating 'End Product'. It might be a complete BS thing like "VSR Development Action" which is redundant and meaningless- Or, it could say, for example, "Develop for Asbestos exposure statement".

Hugely frustrating as Gastone alluded to, it's still good to ensure they haven't uploaded a request letter (aka 'development' or 'notification') and just not sent it- Their fav trick.