VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

gousto0731

Question

you may entitled to  a 100 percent rate if you are unable to secure and follow a substantially gainful occupation because of your service connected disabilities.

If you believe you qualify, complete, sign, and  return Veterans Application  the enclosed VA form 21-8940 , Veterans Application for increased compensation Based

on Unemployability .    I just had a c & p exam about two weeks ago for MDD VA DR. gave 30 percent not sure of the gaf score my private DR. gave a Gaf score of 45.

Here's the break down

30% MDD caused by chronic pain

20%rt shoulder

20% left shoulder secondary to rt. shoulder

10% rt clavicle

10% left bicep secondary to rt. shoulder

10% foot

0%scar

Total 70%

I'm currently on SSDI because of my service connected disabilities

1. should I appeal for a rating higher than 30% base on the my 2 private DR. gaf scores of 45

2.my bilaterial factors rt. shoulder combined with my left shoulder and left bicep will this give me the  40% need for a 100 percent rate.

3. will they consider the  30% MDD + 20%rt +20%Lt+10%Lt+0%scar all of this as one injury.

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Appealing takes forever unless you have a hardship if you want you could just reopen your claim and file the new evidence with it through ebenefits. Just my opinion not so sure what MDD so can't really give an opinion to that but unless it's lumped under one rating like PTSD and TBI then its considered different issues. Please someone correct if I am mistaken I just say question was here for awhile with no answer.