VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC-2?

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

Was awarded an on-the-spot CUE and Perm IU back in January, during a formal review. Total percentage was 80%, with the largest single condition rated at 40%, a lower spine condition rated at 20%, with other smaller ratings. Also, if it means anything

The issue of me needing help with such things as getting dressed, showering, help getting out of bed was raised by my rep; I also provided a sworn affidavit signed by my fiancé that she helps me with these issues.

Reviewing officer didn't say one way or the other about awarding me SMC.

Do I meet the requirements for ANY kind of SMC?

Also, I have gotten responses to this question that have nothing to do with meeting the requirements, I was just given a link to the SMC pay tables, which mean don't answer my question.

2 hours ago, allansc2005 said:

<<<<<Bronco, the CUE is going back to 1990, and the Permanent IU is going back to the first time I filed for it, which was July, 1998>>>> 

No brainer. SMC S from 98. I got SMC S from 94 to 2015 retro. It was about $72 K. Hardly a Brinks truck. Watch out for a low ball rating from 90 to 98. Here's what you get from 98:

58b7a8ec5acb6_SMCto94-1.thumb.JPG.5baedbe8029fea4f1432b378801b1da2.JPG58b7a8ed0aac3_SMC94-2.thumb.JPG.0cd01a195a7a283f1bc33c9374a68240.JPG

• HadIt.com Elder

Man that is nice to see Alex...Wow!!!

According to Asknod chart the monthly comp went up each year instead of going down  the cola added to it each year  up until we never recieved cola.

So  my estimation this veteran will recieve a hefty retro.

btw,I have an old 2002 Toyota Pick-Up  Truck runs great, I'll bring ya your retro  if you like....:wink:

you can ride shotgun:smile:

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a damn shame that some veterans never seen there retro, I hope President Trump and the new VA Sec  will do something about theses claims taking years to decide.

There's just no excuse for it.

asknod/Buck,

And that's JUST the SMC S.

74K PLUS the CUE $$ is nice no doubt, but I'm much more excited about the Permanent IU.

Granted, I'll have to fill out that STUPID employment form every year, but I have an excellent case for a Scheduler as well.

Buck, it took me about 4 years to get an RO review, but as I've written many times here and elsewhere, when I finally went in for my review, I was locked and loaded. Had all my documents, medical records, past court decisions....everything.

It took about 15 minutes of Q&A with the RO, and he looked at the stack of evidence I brought in, and he made an on-the-spot decision.

"Approved CUE, Approved Permanent IU..."

My rep called me later that day and said the Review Officer told him "I've never seen a veteran come in so prepared...I had no leg to stand on but to approve him(me)..."

2-2-0 HUAH! 

• HadIt.com Elder

I think once they rate you the TDIU P&T that will stay with you the rest of your life, I been TDIU P&T FOR 15 Years now with my original rating and have a separate PTSD Rating at 70% .

Although on e-benefits it says I am 100% in the circle, the 70% is what got me over the hump being 90% combined, the 70% separate rating is why I am 100% now with SMC S , But I am still actually rated for TDIU P&T According to the VA  and still send in the Employment Questioner every year on my Anniversary Date.

I agree when a veteran is well prepared to do battle and has all his evidence &ducks in a rowand finally gets a chance to prove his/her claim  in front of a DRO   that is usually a good thing, but for some its not, I believe its the luck of the Draw as to what type personality the DRO is and if he has compassion ,and a veteran is better off to let his EVIDENCE speak for its self.

I tell every veteran I see to try to get his/her claim solved at the RO Level   or get ready for the long train ride to the BVA, but this can be true with a DRO Review also  but less likely.